Main Menu

Any Chance of More Big Finish Audios?

Started by Old One Eye, 10 September, 2016, 06:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old One Eye

I know the previous 2000 AD audio dramas by Big Finish weren't the greatest but I really enjoyed them.  At the very least they certainly captured more thrill-power flavour than the that bloody film from 1995!

I wonder if there's any chance of the good folks at Rebellion commissioning a new series for the Progs big anniversary next year.

The Doctor Who dramas have come a long way over the years as the company have honed their skills and attracted some really talented people.  I'd love to see what they could do with 2000 AD these days... Perhaps even taking over the canon set by the 2012 Dredd film...

It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!

Dash Decent

I'd love to hear some more of these with Toby L reprising the role.

I think the main series just started to find it's feet at the end when it all fizzled out.  The Crime Chronicles were a misstep.  Big Finish tries to do these narrated two-hander type stories but they always end up suffering from being overly descriptive, with consequential purple prose.  There was one tale ("Blood Will Tell" I think) where one character, the bad ex-Judge(?) describes the emergency broadcast system to Dredd in detail.  Like Dredd wouldn't know!!

I'd also gladly listen to more Strontium Dog stories and would love for them to have a crack at Rogue Trooper.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 September, 2016, 12:15:32 AM
I'd also gladly listen to more Strontium Dog stories and would love for them to have a crack at Rogue Trooper.

Yeah not all of the Dredd ones are great and the crime chronicles are a tad awkward but Stront's Fire From Heaven actually functions brilliantly. Not much chance of getting Simon Pegg on a free day now though, I'd warrant!

sheridan

Quote from: Old One Eye on 10 September, 2016, 06:33:49 PM
I know the previous 2000 AD audio dramas by Big Finish weren't the greatest but I really enjoyed them.  At the very least they certainly captured more thrill-power flavour than the that bloody film from 1995!

I wonder if there's any chance of the good folks at Rebellion commissioning a new series for the Progs big anniversary next year.
Unfortunately I don't think it would have been a case of Rebellion commissioning a series in the first place, but Big Finish acquiring rights to produce audio dramas.  I think Big Finish had a thread devoted to Dredd and 2000AD on their forum, but I seem to remember they ditched their forums a few years back :-(

Old One Eye

Yeah, the SD stories were my favourite.  The second one in particular is great fun.

Rogue Trooper would make for an excellent audio series.

It's a pity that the 2000 AD audios didn't catch on in the same way that the DW's did.

Is it something you think Rebellion would be into or are they just wrapped up in the comic itself? 
It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!