Main Menu

Justice League 2017

Started by JamesC, 21 June, 2016, 04:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Angelino

DC can make good TV shows but can't seem to translate that to the films.

CrazyFoxMachine

That trailer was a complete mess. Like structurally it felt like it was four different coherent trailers that had been smooshed together.

In comparison (NOT THAT I'M DOING THE MARVEL VS DC DANCE) the Spider-Man trailer, though spoilery, actually made it seem like a film that would have a story rather than just several fan-pleasing moments in what's likely to be four solid hours of wank.

Goaty

When Bruce said "I'm rich." that sort of ruined the trailer, it could be better if he said "I'm Batman"

Steve Green

Sounds like Joss Whedon is going to be directing a Batgirl film.

Goaty

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 March, 2017, 10:03:21 PM
Sounds like Joss Whedon is going to be directing a Batgirl film.

That would be great, he did well female heroes...

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 30 March, 2017, 10:02:17 PM
When Bruce said "I'm rich." that sort of ruined the trailer, it could be better if he said "I'm Batman"

Totally agree. It's a joke about Batman, something Lego Batman can get away with, not Batman himself. Well, maybe the Goddamned Batman.

And yeah, Whedon might be a rather obvious and predictable choice for Batgirl, but by heck that  man can make movies.

Goaty

Bolt-01

When my 16 year old daughter saw the news of Whedon directing Batgirl her only comment was...

ahem...

NOOOOOOOOO!

She's not a fan of his and doesn't want to see him turn Batgirl into Buffy/River/Scarlet Witch...

Smith

Well,I can understand that.

Mardroid

Although they're all very different characters.

But fair enough. I like Whedon's stuff, but i can see how it could grate with some people.

Professor Bear

"We can either make a movie about violent grimdark battle-armored vigilante Batgirl who is basically just Batman with tits and whose comic got cancelled because even comics nerds got tired of the same thing day in day out, or we can make a film about the version of Batgirl that was critically and commercially popular."

/tosses coin

/coin lands in unflushed toilet

Goaty

Zack Snyder is stepping away from post-production of "Justice League" film after his daughter's suicide, Joss Whedon has come onboard to finish the film with re-shoot scenes.

All thoughts for Zack and his family, so sad.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/snyder-exits-justice-league-after-tragedy/

Tiplodocus

Latest SDCC trailer does it no favours. I'm going to go see it (let's not kid myself) but it looks like it will be tiring to watch.

Who is the baddie meant to be?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Robin Low

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 23 July, 2017, 09:11:48 AM
Who is the baddie meant to be?

Going by the helmet, I'm guessing it's Orion, Darkseid's son, although that doesn't really fit with the comics. Kalibak is a possibility, but that would be a radical redesign.

I was wondering if it could be Big Barda, who also has a winged helmet - I tried looking frame by frame for boobage, but couldn't spot any. There's a very brief and fuzzy glimpse of the face when Wonder Woman is fighting it, and it's possible its female.

Regards,

Robin

Steve Green

[spoiler]Steppenwolf - no me neither[/spoiler]