Previous topic - Next topic

Goronwy

Awesome. Thanks for answering.

(...what's with the censoring?)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goronwy on 05 January, 2019, 09:20:55 PM
Awesome. Thanks for answering.

(...what's with the censoring?)

Some people like future volumes to be a surprise, that's all!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 January, 2019, 07:15:39 PM
Quote from: Goronwy on 05 January, 2019, 06:20:09 PM
Has there been any indication anywhere about when the 4th Nemesis volume might make an appearance in the Ultimate Collection? Seems like ages since the first 3 came out.

[spoiler]March 27th.[/spoiler]

Super excited for this one, too. As birthday presents go (March 31st, cash gifts preferred if any of you fancied getting me something) it's a doozy!

Hammer of the Warlocks
Final Conflict (Book X)
Tubular Hells
Warlocks and Wizards
The Enigmass Variations
Deadlock
Day in the Death of Torquemada
Tomb of Torque
Torquemada's Second Honeymoon
Forbidden Planet

Lots of stuff in there I was hoping for, but not really expecting. I think that's everything collected bar the Diceman outings! Soooo glad that Deadlock is included - it's far more a Nemesis story than it ever was an ABC Warriors tale, and it's going to sit well with the (frankly sub-par) Enigmass Variations stuff. Here's hoping Torque's Second Honeymoon is in colour!
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

Any idea what the next volume will be?

I read Ace Trucking Co Volume 2 in one sitting.  I have vague recollections of some of the stories but not all.  Although in some ways I can't judge the omitted storylines, I have to agree that I think bringing the newer ones in would be a mistake.  Ace was very much a product of it's time although I enjoyed Volume 2 better than 1 and I feel it did end well enough.

Ended up having to take my Nikolai Dante book back to WH Smiths and will have to wait till they get a replacement from the publishers.  I wonder what will happen in the unlikely event that there is none left as that will leave me with a gap in the collection.

Also, going to get back in contact with Hachette re: Judge Dredd War on the Streets.  I wasn't expecting anything before Christmas but a progress report from them would have been welcome as they said they were elevating this complaint up.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 10 January, 2019, 12:08:33 AM

Ended up having to take my Nikolai Dante book back to WH Smiths and will have to wait till they get a replacement from the publishers.  I wonder what will happen in the unlikely event that there is none left as that will leave me with a gap in the collection.

I always worried about picking up the volumes the way I do, but I looked at the website and they still have all volumes available for sale so there's always a back up.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

Well got back in phone contact with Hachette about War on the Streets. I explain the whole situation yet again, stating there's a text reproduction issue, that there's been a replacement that has the exact same problems and I get the stock line about "Do I want a replacement....

What does it take to get through their skills that one replacement or one hundred, if the problem is the source it won't fix it. I was told this would be escalated (yet again).

At this point I'm really starting to despair.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

The issue is that they can only replace not reprint, unless there has been enough of a colossal fuck-up that the latter is a necessity. They've been kind of pushed into that when it comes to some of the spines (given that the spines have been pushed as one of the big collectability aspects of these editions); however, even the endpaper screw-up recently hasn't been fixed (as far as I'm aware – they took the details of people with affected issues, but didn't send out replacements).

They are at least good with replacements for damage; although they'd be smarter to set in place systems to avoid books getting damaged in transit in the first place. (Top tip for publishers: if you run out of book-sized packages, probably order more, rather than sending two smallish books in bloody massive boxes.)

Jade Falcon

My viewpoint is that in all the years of Dredd, if they couldn't get War in the Streets at decent quality, there's plenty of other material, Black Atlantic for example. It's not as if there's a shortage of decent stuff.

rs_jr

how far into the mega collection was the extension announced?

Tomwe

Quote from: rs_jr on 13 January, 2019, 03:39:08 AM
how far into the mega collection was the extension announced?
The official announcement was around issue 65, but I think the cat had gotten out the bag slightly earlier via the Facebook page.

IndigoPrime

Has anyone on a sub received 37/38 yet, and do you have any activity on the Hachette portal for those volumes? The previous three months have been like clockwork: 12 Oct/9 Nov/7 Dec. 4 Jan should have been the next set, but... nothing.

(Excitingly, two other books I ordered from them on New Year's Day haven't shown up either. Excellent all round, as ever.)

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 January, 2019, 07:31:33 PM
Has anyone on a sub received 37/38 yet, and do you have any activity on the Hachette portal for those volumes? The previous three months have been like clockwork: 12 Oct/9 Nov/7 Dec. 4 Jan should have been the next set, but... nothing.
Same boat as you. The online portal tends to end up being backdated so I'm sure it's just the delay of the Christmas bank holidays. My Warhammer sub was four days late only.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 January, 2019, 07:31:33 PM

(Excitingly, two other books I ordered from them on New Year's Day haven't shown up either. Excellent all round, as ever.)

Count yourself lucky. I'm still waiting for 35/36.

moldovangerbil

They told me via Facebook that there'd been a delay due to the holidays but that the books should be dispatched tomorrow (18 Jan).  I'd check your account overnight and if it's not updated then it'd be worthwhile querying it with them.