Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2010 - 20th November

Started by adi, 17 October, 2010, 06:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leebrown1990

My missus is Japanese so we've got Totoro, Doraemon, Anpanman and Hello Kitty rubbish all over the house already. He's into One Piece and Dragonball now so I'll be on the lookout for some (cheap) toys.

Man your kid must be so cute. Is the wife along for the ride 'n all? I think there are all of like 4 or 5 other Japnese people in the whole of Huddersfield, so she has been connecting with people from all over. I think she knows a guy in Leeds actually.

I think Nana is coming with me, so I'll have to keep an eye out for you, I'm just worried she may get a little bored. She is really into her art and manga but she doesn't really read in english besides uni work, so doesn't really know much about western comics.

My plan is to hit up all the 2000AD artists they don't get so much of a big que. I am going to bite the bullet and go straight for JRJR though.

Cheers,
Lee
"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

Spaceghost

Quote from: leebrown1990 on 16 November, 2010, 01:09:15 PM
My missus is Japanese so we've got Totoro, Doraemon, Anpanman and Hello Kitty rubbish all over the house already. He's into One Piece and Dragonball now so I'll be on the lookout for some (cheap) toys.

Man your kid must be so cute. Is the wife along for the ride 'n all? I think there are all of like 4 or 5 other Japnese people in the whole of Huddersfield, so she has been connecting with people from all over. I think she knows a guy in Leeds actually.

I think Nana is coming with me, so I'll have to keep an eye out for you, I'm just worried she may get a little bored. She is really into her art and manga but she doesn't really read in english besides uni work, so doesn't really know much about western comics.

My plan is to hit up all the 2000AD artists they don't get so much of a big que. I am going to bite the bullet and go straight for JRJR though.

Cheers,
Lee

She's coming but she's taking my daughter to the Royal Armouries next door as she's not that into comics. I'll look out for you and say hi if I think I've spotted you!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

leebrown1990

Cool man. I'll throw up a photo if I can find one that actually looks like me.

Cheers,
Lee
"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

Dandontdare

I really should be saving money, but it'll cost me less than £30 to pop over for the day, so I may just do that - depending on what happens friday night and corresponding hangover levels.

Cthulouis

Will there be tickets on the door?

Yeah, yeah, I'm a convention noob, or whatever the cool kids are saying these days.

(They do still call these "conventions", right?")

Spaceghost

Quote from: Cthulouis on 16 November, 2010, 10:27:52 PM
Will there be tickets on the door?

Yeah, yeah, I'm a convention noob, or whatever the cool kids are saying these days.

(They do still call these "conventions", right?")

I reckon you'll be able to get in on the door. Come wearing a costume and it's half price!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

dracula1

What's the best day for 'thought bubble' activities, I can only get to the saturday events?

Whose going where also, . . .  I would like to say hello to all you forum dudes.

leebrown1990

Quote from: dracula1 on 17 November, 2010, 11:31:42 AM
What's the best day for 'thought bubble' activities, I can only get to the saturday events?

Whose going where also, . . .  I would like to say hello to all you forum dudes.

Saturday is the only day for singings/ sketches and the majority of the panels.

Sunday I think they do like a comic mart thing, and they do that 24hour comic book challenge tomorrow aswell.

Cheers,
Lee

dracula1

Thanks for the info' and advise Mr. Brown, hopefully see u all in the queue for the JRJR signings. For ID purposes I'll be donning my red Ironman tee shirt (come and have a natter).

Bolt-01

If you are a message boarder you must come by the FQP table and say hi. No exceptions. I'm not going to make you buy comics, but there are always folk out there who post after a con that they missed meeting with fellow boarders.

dracula1

Arrr! Mr. Bolt of Zarjazz and Dogbreath fame. I'll def drop by your FQP table. What day, time slot and venue are you at? (hope it's the Saturday,... can't do Sunday! Sob! I'm working).

Steven Sterlacchini

I'll call by. I'll be the 'camp' Stormtrooper... again.

Bolt-01

Dracula- don't know where abouts I'll be, but Saturday all day I'll be there.

Minty- I think Microbolt may bring his clone helmet and Rifle this time- he wished he'd got it at Brum!

Steven Sterlacchini

Cool, I'll give him a salute!

Hopefully my lad will be wearing his Mini Jango for a bit.

leebrown1990

Quote from: dracula1 on 17 November, 2010, 04:52:39 PM
Thanks for the info' and advise Mr. Brown, hopefully see u all in the queue for the JRJR signings. For ID purposes I'll be donning my red Ironman tee shirt (come and have a natter).

Will do mate. Look forward bumping into you all tomorrow.

Cheers,
Lee

And for anyone who wants to say hi, I'm the bum who can't afford a razor.

http://yfrog.com/18dscf1480smallj