Main Menu

Terry brooks shannara

Started by klute, 19 June, 2010, 05:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 June, 2010, 07:08:36 AM
Am I alone in always having disliked the Hildebrandt's garish fantasy stuff? 

I don't like much of the Hildebrandt's work - too soft, not enough grit - too happy!

Radbacker

urk, that looks very Disney doesn't it, like if Uncle Walt had made Lord of the Rings.

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr

Thought I'd mention it here first, because this is the topic I found when I Googled for Shannara Chronicles on this forum. Because I just saw this advertised on the ScyFy channel.

Read More about it Here.

klute

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 December, 2015, 10:23:37 PM
Thought I'd mention it here first, because this is the topic I found when I Googled for Shannara Chronicles on this forum. Because I just saw this advertised on the ScyFy channel.

Read More about it Here.
Not seen it advertised , will keep my eyes open.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

sheridan

I never liked the Hildebrandt's work - reminds me of the kind of Dungeons and Dragons artwork that inspired Games Workshop to insist that they provide their own artwork for the British editions (back when GW licenced D&D from TSR).

Seeing those covers a page or two ago, Elfstones is the one I read from the school library all those decades ago.

ThryllSeekyr

Brothers, Hilderbrant for all it's misgivings, I still find their work comforting. I like the lightness of it wonder if Shannara might have be been animated in their particular art style.

I have their the book they that describes and how they once made a Lord of the Rings calender.