Main Menu

Prog 2010: Your Move Eathlets

Started by James Stacey, 12 December, 2009, 10:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 December, 2009, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 12 December, 2009, 02:04:14 PM
can anyone tell me if there are letters and if so who are the scribes?

'Tis a double-pager, BM, and the lucky Earthlets are:

Andy Grannell
Tim Lowther
Godfrey Marriott
Tonieee
Richard Wood
Glen Hattersley
Floyd Kermode
Carl Long

Cheers!

Jim

Cheers Jim, looks like the trophy is off to the slicer-uppers once again!

Mike Gloady

Can't wait to learn about Bullmoose's immortality and Damage Report.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Mike Gloady

Get used to it.  It's called ageing....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Darren Stephens

Only read both Dredds at the minute, but the rest all looks gravy, as the kids of today rather twatishly exclaim. Paul Marshall is fantastic, eh? Those two halves of the story drawn in different eras are extremely convincing. Love the page yellowing!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

House of Usher

Aaaaarghhhhh!!!!! I'm getting my subscription cheque in the post tomorrow! I've had no thrillpower for nigh-on two months!

:'( :'( :'(
STRIKE !!!

Mardroid

I've read just under half so far. I was thinking of saving the rest for another day as it'll be a while before the next Prog, but.... I doubt I'll have the willpower. I'm taking a bath in a short while and I like something to read. I'll be careful not to wet the pages.

Anyway, so far:

Cover: Great little chess number. Also, I think maybe they should give that gun to Hammerstein in the ABC animation. I didn't dislike the Dredd-movie-gun they used, but why not use something the character has used in the comics? (Or is this new too?)

Droid-life: Sick droids. That's the meaning of Christmas. Arf, Arf!

Dredd, Call of Duty: Good continuation! It's slightly shocking how cold blooded Dredd and co actually are though.

Future Shocks:  I love this Super hero gag story. Very amusing. I actually thought the main character's power was rather cool though. Sort of Green Lanternish cept, well more limited, but if you wanted just one hard-light hologram thing, that would be a good choice. Captain Condom. Dear me.

Xmas Dinner of the Dead: I know it's technically an Abbadon ad, but it's a strip too, and very welcome. Hyuk, hyuk. (Is it wrong that I find the fag smoking reindeer amusing?)

Stickleback- I love this strip. And what an intriguing start!

Nikolai Dante- Great new start with sauciness! [spoiler]And the second whore flying ship in the prog, except this time rooting (no innuendo intended) for our boys/gals. ;)[/spoiler] The new young lady looks like she's receding a bit though.

Thats it so far. Now for that bath.

Edit- Oh, yes, and the glowing eyes teaser! Most intriguing! Second time I've used that word this post.

satchmo

Grud I can't wait for wednesday and my Xmas Thrillpower!

vzzbux

R.I.P.
[spoiler]Alpha or Rogue both have glowing eyes[/spoiler] both dead.

Cover. Can't be our move yet Tharg hasn't placed Dredd on the board.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Steamrunner

That R.I.P. ad has got to be Alpha? Surely? Please... !?

radiator

It'll be an ad for the [spoiler]forthcoming Stront series The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha.[/spoiler]

Toni Scandella

What a scrotnig end of year prog. Totally rounds off a fantastic year for 2000AD in style.  The first half of the second Dredd could genuinely be from the 70's, and the idea of having a follow-up to a pretend classic strip is inspired. Very very well presented indeed.  The second half wasn't quite as good - too many comedy lines for my liking but only slightly - just really preferred the first half (first story, really - it was, after all, 2 seperate but connected stories so this is a 3 Dredd prog, really...)

Rest of the prog... The first Dredd is superb, [spoiler]Sinfield is turning into quite the baddy - the last panel with him actually shocked me - he's been evil but law abiding so far... and this has convinced me that Dredd needs to go back and arrest him right now![/spoiler]

Loved Dante, Zombo ruled, especially [spoiler]'Not a single thank you! I spend all day, every day hunting you ungrateful lot, all with no thought for myself.." and, of course, "No - not... THE TINSEL!" and "Baubles! Eating my face! AAAAAGGGHHH!"[/spoiler]

Droid Life was funny, read all the letters...

I am saving Low Life, Stickleback and Apney Cricis for tomorrow.

Kev Levell

Green Pedestrian Hand was great. Really made me chuckle. Gonna ration the rest, otherwise I will be bereft of new thrills for three weeks...

locustsofdeath!

What's this about bullmoose? Does Tharg address the status of the Prog in his Damage Report, perhaps refuting bullmoose's "theory"?

I have to wait until Thursday to pick this up as the wife is getting her wisdom teeth pulled in the morning and then my daughter has a Christmas play that afternoon.

Stupid wisdom teeth.

Stupid Christmas play.

James Stacey

Quote from: House of Usher on 12 December, 2009, 07:16:22 PM
Aaaaarghhhhh!!!!! I'm getting my subscription cheque in the post tomorrow! I've had no thrillpower for nigh-on two months!

:'( :'( :'(
You are more than welcome to pop over and have a read :)

It was quite a shock to see Sinfield [spoiler]actually breaking the law, or at least obviously planning to[/spoiler]. Wonder if [spoiler]Mayor Maybe will notice and tip Dredd off[/spoiler]. Probably not