Main Menu

Game News - Judge Dredd: Crime Files

Started by Bolt-01, 21 October, 2019, 03:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

How's everyone getting on with this? Turns out I'm absolutely useless at it, but I persevere. I can never seem to accumulate enough cash/eagles to keep myself ahead in the main missions, despite endlessly grinding the daily roster. Have other cannier types managed it, or is paying in the only way forward?

Greg M.

Whereabouts are you? I've completed the Slab Doggz plot twice, on first and second difficulty levels, and am on the last mission of the cyborg plotline. I have not paid a penny, nor do I intend to.

TordelBack

Testify,  I'm a filthy freegan when it comes to mobile gaming too.  Badge of honour,  however frustrating.

Anyway,  I'm barely halfway through the Doggz mission, at Level 4. I just can't seem to get my damage high enough,  or the order of cards flexible enough,  to push past the ex baddies once they hit 100+ health. I've nothing that'll one-shot them consistently,  and end up getting creamed on the second or third run through their move order.

Whoever scripted the game did a really great job of capturing Dredd's attitude, and the fan references used as texture are a pleasure. Good to see Rico II instead of Rico I too.

Greg M.

It's a bit of a lottery, in terms of the cards you get dealt, so I suppose it's just a case of tackling the patrol missions with the highest card potential to maximise your chances of enhancing your existing cards and picking up some more powerful ones. Getting a bronze weapon pack with eagles usually doles out a few interesting ones. If you're limited in terms of creds, worth building up your arrest card to eliminate lower-courage foes in one move, and if you get armour-piercing bullets, build them up too, because you'll need them a lot later.

A game changer for me was the arrival of the Hi-Ex lawrod, which takes 4 moves but can completely turn the tide. Boosting up my Uppercut and Front Kick proved sound too. Getting the armour-repairing Tek Judge as backup was also a bonus.

It's also well worth increasing your interrogate card, as they're the most common cards you get in an interrogate pack – you can swiftly and cheaply make it superior to the birdie card, which helps enormously when you need 8-10 clues to begin a new crime file mission.

Frank

Quote from: Greg M. on 03 November, 2019, 12:13:04 PM
It's a bit of a lottery, in terms of the cards you get dealt

You've misunderstood the mechanics of the lottery and/or poker.

TordelBack

Cheers, Greg! Where I was going wrong was not replaying thearlier missions for more stars/eagles- I thought I needed to complete the whole story before I could replay at higher difficulty level, didn't know I could keep going bsck for better loot.

Trooper McFad

Enjoying this but not spending a penny makes it a long slog to get enough credits to level up your cards. Currently trying to save enough to level up my Lawrod Mkii shotgun at 20000 credits!! which is very handy as it can stun up to 4 perps in a go (depending on their strength of course).
And now have to wait for 70000 experience points before armour & strength bumps up again.
I'm trying to save my shields to by the gold pack to see what the "epic" card will be - hope I'm not disappointed 🙄
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Finally got it installed - had to uninstall every other app on my phone to do so (including Dredd Vs Zombies, or whatever it's called - when I reinstalled it was at first level *sob*).

BPP

Fraid the art put me off, the backgrounds we're fine and the perps..... okay ish in a Ewins homage way but the animation and the drawings of Dredd himself were just whack. I can never understand why merch and associated stuff doesn't spend the money to use a recognised Dredd artist.

No offence to the artist but it just wasn't for me.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

wedgeski

That's what put me off as well -- plus the whole thing is fiddly on a screen the size of my S5's.

Greg M.

I do wish they'd got someone to proofread the text in this game - it's riddled with typos. When a rogue med-droid threatens you with 'ambutation', the effect is somewhat lost.

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 16 November, 2019, 10:20:55 AM
I do wish they'd got someone to proofread the text in this game - it's riddled with typos. When a rogue med-droid threatens you with 'ambutation', the effect is somewhat lost.

What do you expect, the med-droid is rogue, so is prone to errors ;)

Steve Green

Quote from: BPP on 11 November, 2019, 08:36:36 AM
Fraid the art put me off, the backgrounds we're fine and the perps..... okay ish in a Ewins homage way but the animation and the drawings of Dredd himself were just whack. I can never understand why merch and associated stuff doesn't spend the money to use a recognised Dredd artist.

No offence to the artist but it just wasn't for me.

Dredd is a trace of the 3A figure from the looks of things.

It boils down to money and whether it's viable.

3A didn't renew the licence
Unbox haven't done anything since the Death statue
Mezco haven't done another figure

I'm pretty sure Vice Press aren't doing any more posters either.

Even the recently announced Tweeterhead statues have stalled.

Dredd and 2000 AD just aren't that big a market to take big risks on.

If the TV series was well underway it might be different.

Greg M.

Finally completed the third plot line. Easily the best of the three, in terms of the variety of foes faced (once you know what's going on, you start predicting who you'll run into next - and they indeed turn up, including some continuity deep cuts, and a remarkably up-to-date one.) I gather some of the art on this is Boo Cook.

Steve Green