Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

Isn't there some cheap Android based console coming out ($99 or something), cant remember what its called but it'll definatly be hackable what with it being Android and all and there will probably be some app to let you run old roms available the day its released, well if it can download Android phone apps like its supposed to be able to itll definatly have something there day 1, looking at my mates phone they're some good quality 8 bit and 16 bit emulators. 

CU Radbacker

NorthVox

Quote from: Chrrow on 11 December, 2012, 08:15:48 AM
A Dredd vs. Death App?

Apologies for late reply (need to start logging in more!)

And D'oh! I meant Dredd vs Zombies!

Zarjazzer

Finally dragged my fat backside to finish Mass Effect 3. I managed to killed,get all my friends killed and blow up earth -i did destroy the Reapers but nuked all the mass portals. Knocked off the not so illusive man but failed to save Admiral Anderson. Crap. I really hated the ending but it shows what great characters they made that I felt decidedly angry at seeing the corpses of [spoiler]Garrus [/spoiler]and [spoiler]Liara[/spoiler], lying before me.

Some weird tacked on Hollywood style bit at the end that made no sense and just embarassed more than the first ending of Blade Runner.

Awful.Oh and I was party to a genocide of the Quarians.Lovely. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Keef Monkey

Yeah, the tacked on ending was literally tacked on because people wanted 'more closure'. Or, as I saw it, people didn't have the imagination and sense to come to their own conclusions about things. Far inferior to the original ending in my opinion.

Also, given the rest of the post, I'm amazed you used spoiler tags at all there!

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 02 February, 2013, 03:04:40 PM
Yeah, the tacked on ending was literally tacked on because people wanted 'more closure'. Or, as I saw it, people didn't have the imagination and sense to come to their own conclusions about things. Far inferior to the original ending in my opinion.

Also, given the rest of the post, I'm amazed you used spoiler tags at all there!

I guess it's me that can't face that they're dead.  :'( Still comic books and games no one really dies. At least not if there's a financial interest in their "return". ;)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

ThryllSeekyr

I recently restarted playing Skyrim on the Xbox 360. I made up a [b[Khajiit Thief[/b] type of character. I'm having more trouble killing my first Dragon/b] than the first time I played.

Everytime I get close to it. It either firebreaths me to death or grabs hold of me with it's mouth and shakes me to death.

First time I played this game the Dragon was dead after hitting it twice with the Nord Frost Axe.

radiator

Managed to get a couple of hours on Ni Ni Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) last night.

Ooooooh, it's lovely, so beautiful it makes me want to cry a little bit. Mr Drippy, the avuncular sidekick 'faerie' who gloriously speaks in a thick and gruff Welsh accent - is a particular delight. I'm really going to struggle to ever find the time to play it, but fingers crossed.

radiator

Professor Bear

ThryllSeekyr: if you're having trouble with a dragon it's probably using attacks your created character is weak against - Nords are weak against fire, for instance, but strong against frost - although it may also be one of the stronger breeds in the game like an Elder, Ancient or Revered dragon, in which case leg it unless you're armed to the teeth and are at least level 20-25.  The dragon you knackered with a frost axe was likely either a bog-standard no-frills beastie or a fire dragon (weak against frost/ice attacks), you can tell by their colour what kind of dragon they are from a distance and arm yourself accordingly before they land and start taking chunks out of you, but if you're having trouble killing them it's not worth the bother until you level up a good bit.

007 Legends - I have a time believing this is an actual game made by actual game-making-type people, it is that rough and unpolished.  The combat is so boring that at one point while I was being shot at and couldn't figure out where the baddie was, I thought "fuck it" and decided to just ignore him and his mates who came along later and just walk right to the end of the level, which I did despite it being a stealth level.  The loading times are pretty long and compounded by a shockingly bad checkpoint system that sends you way back to long before you got killed so you have to slog through exciting sections where you search an office and then have to sit through minutes of unskippable cut scene all over again, though in fairness to the makers, they probably didn't make the game for people who would actually ever die in it because it's that easy - I only died because I was starting to nod off during a cut scene when there was a sudden screen prompt, for instance.  There was one bit where Bond just started playing with his watch and I had to google it to find out this was actually a hacking/safe-picking minigame that the game didn't bother explaining to you because the tutorials aren't part of the game, they're in a separate sub-menu in the extras section.  Then there was some non-interactive cut scenes you can't skip, then I got bored and just walked to the end of the level again.  Then it was Fort Knox and some shooting and I killed everyone in the area but couldn't figure out what to do next so I turned the game off.
This would have been a lot better if it was just a bunch of minigames based on the big setpieces from the various films rather than a single narrative that's so po-faced and charmless it drains all joy from the outrageous ideas on display, and I don't care how you try to spin it with Danny Craig doing soundbites, an attack on Fort Knox by an all-female flight of combat pilots in broad daylight to set off an atom bomb that ends with a fight between two armies and a ruck between a superspy and a sumo with a razor-tipped bowler hat is screaming camp supervillainy that doesn't gel with the latter Bond films - I mean, fuck me, Moonraker is one of the movies revisited in the course of this storyline...
An awful, awful game that screws the pooch from the concept stage to the actual implementation of a shoddy patchwork of substandard first person shootery and gadget-juggling, I feel cheated by it even though I got the game gratis in a 3 for 2 deal.  Avoid.

shaolin_monkey

I downloaded Proteus from Steam last night. Only £6.  It's just a bizarre ambient stroll around a kind if 8-bit 3D island.  You see and, most importantly, hear loads of odd things. It's chilled and amusing.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Radbacker on 22 January, 2013, 01:03:56 PM
Isn't there some cheap Android based console coming out ($99 or something), cant remember what its called but it'll definatly be hackable what with it being Android and all and there will probably be some app to let you run old roms available the day its released, well if it can download Android phone apps like its supposed to be able to itll definatly have something there day 1, looking at my mates phone they're some good quality 8 bit and 16 bit emulators. 

CU Radbacker

Is OUYA the console you are thinking of?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Thunders McQueen on 02 February, 2013, 05:41:52 PM
ThryllSeekyr: if you're having trouble with a dragon it's probably using attacks your created character is weak against - Nords are weak against fire, for instance, but strong against frost - although it may also be one of the stronger breeds in the game like an Elder, Ancient or Revered dragon, in which case leg it unless you're armed to the teeth and are at least level 20-25.  The dragon you knackered with a frost axe was likely either a bog-standard no-frills beastie or a fire dragon (weak against frost/ice attacks), you can tell by their colour what kind of dragon they are from a distance and arm yourself accordingly before they land and start taking chunks out of you, but if you're having trouble killing them it's not worth the bother until you level up a good bit.

I created a Nord first time playing this. The dragon I that my second character is attacking is the first one you meet at the western tower near Whiterun. I didn't think that the dragon I was atttacking in the current game I am playing would be any different from the one in the previous level. I read somewhere that that creatures you encounter in this game are generated according to your current level. I am level four at the moment.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I meant to say that that the dragon my second character is attacking is the second one you encounter in the game when the Jarl sends you to the western tower to investigate it.

JamesC

I'm currently playing Spec Ops: The Line which is absolutely brilliant. I reckon I'm about halfway through and the way the story is progressing is great. If I could sum it up in one word it would be 'compelling'.

This game got fairly mixed reviews on release and I don't understand why. There were complaints about things like the cover system and control layout which I haven't had any problem with at all.

JamesC

Finished Spec Ops.
Probably one of my favourite games ever. It's one of those games that will be lauded in 5 years time and appear on 'Greatest moments in gaming lists' but doesn't get the credit it deserves at the time.
If you like games that make you think and an engaging story do yourself a favour and play it.