Main Menu

Ultimate Not Wagner Tournament (self-absorbed remix)

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 May, 2020, 04:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Colin - just want to say well done on getting this going. I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing the new match-ups each day. It's going to get bloomin' tough down the line though.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 15 May, 2020, 10:53:25 AM
Colin - just want to say well done on getting this going. I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing the new match-ups each day. It's going to get bloomin' tough down the line though.

That's lovely - I'm just glad it caught on it really not much effort at all. The fact that so many folks are discussing these relatively obsure writers gives me great hope that some of the later rounds might lead to some very interesting chat about writers who've brought us all so much pleasure...

...and then... well I've got lots of ideas of how to vary future tournemnts as well if this one works as well as it is so far.

broodblik

Cannot wait for the fight between The Unmovable Objects versus The Unstoppable Forces
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Greg M.

I think the opening rounds have been tricky - and interesting - from a voting perspective because they've encouraged us to re-evaluate our opinions on writers who maybe aren't as firmly entrenched in our psyches as the big hitters. I mean, we probably all know what we think of Pat Mills's writing without having to excavate too deeply - the same is not necessarily true of Chris Lowder or Si Spencer.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 May, 2020, 01:02:55 PM
I think the opening rounds have been tricky - and interesting - from a voting perspective because they've encouraged us to re-evaluate our opinions on writers who maybe aren't as firmly entrenched in our psyches as the big hitters. I mean, we probably all know what we think of Pat Mills's writing without having to excavate too deeply - the same is not necessarily true of Chris Lowder or Si Spencer.

Yeah this is something that could happen. I'm hoping though even though folks will have well established opinions about the more established writers they will be more be more inclined to express them with passion and verve. Either way we'll find out together.