Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Thanks, Bolt-01 -- I hadn't seen that yet!

Also I hadn't read Henry's contribution to the interview -- he's far too modest, that lad!

Rately

It's a great wee interview.

Really looking forward to it, and loving the colour on the art.

broodblik

I also looking forward to the return of Slaine
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

I have read the interview about Proteus Vex and I am intrigues by the story and naturally the return of Mister Flint.

Now some oil on the simmering fire of animosity against the regen prog, since vex will be running for 10 episodes the regen will not be a natural break but rather a interrupt break.  >:D >:D >:D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: broodblik on 13 December, 2019, 01:48:13 PM
Now some oil on the simmering fire of animosity against the regen prog, since vex will be running for 10 episodes the regen will not be a natural break but rather a interrupt break.  >:D >:D >:D

Actually, the interview (which was conducted a few months ago) is a tad out of date: Proteus Vex was written as ten episodes of five pages, but it was only last week that I learned that Tharg had decided to run the first ten pages as episode one in prog 2162, which means that the series is now only nine episodes long!

-- Mike

broodblik

Thx for that Mike I am looking forward to the story

Tomwe

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 13 December, 2019, 02:21:55 PM
Actually, the interview (which was conducted a few months ago) is a tad out of date: Proteus Vex was written as ten episodes of five pages, but it was only last week that I learned that Tharg had decided to run the first ten pages as episode one in prog 2162, which means that the series is now only nine episodes long!
-- Mike
So that strip, at least, will be done by the time the first Regened comes along in 2170. Great to hear.

broodblik

Tomwe

Quote from: broodblik on 18 December, 2019, 11:29:48 AM
With more misses than hits IDW will try another attempt @ Dredd:

https://www.newsarama.com/48287-judge-dredd-false-witness-1.html

Zama's work is killer. it will look good at least!

karlos

What is the general consensus on the Dredd IDW stuff?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: karlos on 18 December, 2019, 12:29:17 PM

Oh you might not want to start that conversation. Overall its not be well recieved at all, The odd exceptions aside. I personally really liked the Mega City Zero and Blessed Earth stuff but it was a very different take on the character.

Proudhuff

Quote from: karlos on 18 December, 2019, 12:29:17 PM

It wasnt well received by Dreddheads, but they must be doing something right in Trumpland if its getting another outing.
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

My take:

Judge Dredd (Swierczynski): Initially unremarkable, and then unreadable.
Judge Dredd – Year One: Matt Smith penned. Quite good.
Mars Attacks Judge Dredd: Totally ridiculous and a lot of fun.
Judge Dredd – Mega City Two: Incomprehensible
Judge Dredd – Anderson, Psi-Division: More Smith. Decent enough.
Judge Dredd – Mega City Zero: It's not Dredd. Moreover, it's also not good.
Judge Dredd – The Blessed Earth: Just don't do it, kids.
Judge Dredd: Under Siege (Mark Russell): Run of the mill. Comes across like iffy era Meg fodder.

There's also Deviations, which I've entirely forgotten (despite owning it and it being McCrea) and the Paul Jenkins-scripted Toxic, which I skim-read after it became obvious it was going to be another US Dredd that faffs about with everything but doesn't make it better.

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 December, 2019, 01:17:31 PMIt wasnt well received by Dreddheads, but they must be doing something right in Trumpland if its getting another outing.
Well enough, at least. You could take the view that most of this stuff just isn't for us. It's an attempt to repackage and rethink Dredd for an unfamiliar audience. And if you've already got plenty of proper Dredd, why bother? I'd make exceptions: as noted, Mars Attacks is entertainingly batshit, and the Matt Smith stuff is good. Other than that, why put yourself through the pain?

karlos

I see!

Thanks, chaps!

And a million thank you's to IP - really appreciate that!

There seems to be very little info on them on the net (as far as I've looked).

Must admit, that Zama art looks very nice indeed.

broodblik

karlos so go to comixology and you will find little more info with some sample pages as well : https://www.comixology.com/search?search=judge+dredd