Main Menu

2000AD movies you'd love to see...

Started by ChickenStu, 17 October, 2020, 01:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickenStu

Thought this could be a fun topic. I'd like to just see a movie called 2000AD. An anthology movie with a structure a bit like Cloud Atlas. Telling three or four stories. Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper and a future shock thing. Narratives weaving in and out of each other. Tharg occasionally narrating. Maybe one story segment could be animated... I'd love that.

I'd also love to see direct to blu ray animated films like the DC ones that come out from time to time.

Forgive me if I'm doing anyone's head in - it's just I'm really excited that I recently renewed my sub and my head is just in a total 2000AD ZONE.
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Colin YNWA

Its such a shame that Flesh like stories have been done, not as well, by others meaning it seems unlikely we'll get a Flesah film for a while as that would be superb.

Richard

That's a great idea!

Slaughterbowl is different enough to the Jurassic Park films to still work. I'd watch that!

dweezil2

In a parallel universe we got an HBO Halo Jones series!  :D
In an age of post modernist, ironic superhero shows, like The Boys, a Zenith show also seems like an obvious choice!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 17 October, 2020, 10:36:56 AM
That's a great idea!

Slaughterbowl is different enough to the Jurassic Park films to still work. I'd watch that!

That's a very good idea.

Funt Solo

Found this thread after seeing the Earl Reagan model over on the "Activities of the Trapped" thread.

Flesh & Slaughterbowl have already been mooted, and series for Zenith and Halo Jones.

---

The low hanging fruit of Button Man is currently in development limbo of some kind.

---

There have been a few monsters-in-war movies, but I still think Fiends of the Eastern Front would be great.

From the modern era, I think the slow-burn madness of Brink would make a great movie or series.

Hope... is pretty much a storyboard already, and another great mash-up concept.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

zombemybabynow

Lobster random

Starring jack Nicholson

Directed by terry Gilliam
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Dandontdare

The Family would be a sure-fire hit - mafia mobsters with superpowers, with a doomed romance between the mob-boss's daughter and idealistic cop. Loads of tropes to use/subvert, a nice simple narrative arc, with a suitably ambiguous ending to pave the way for a sequel.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: dweezil2 on 17 October, 2020, 10:59:30 AM
In a parallel universe we got an HBO Halo Jones series!  :D
In an age of post modernist, ironic superhero shows, like The Boys, a Zenith show also seems like an obvious choice!  :)

That would be lovely.  I wonder if it should be set in the modern era rather than the 80s?  Baggy, Acid House, retro-60s fashion - I don't know if things like that could possibly be relevant to a modern audience.  It doesn't really depend on the backdrop of huge political issues like the Cold War in the way that, say, Watchmen does, so I think it may well comfortably be moved to the 2020s.

I'm not sure if Boris would give work to a supersmart pragmatist like Peter St John, though.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

The Legendary Shark

Al's Baby.
Harlem Heroes.
Nemesis (by the Dark Crystal team?).

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Professor Bear

Hell Trekkers, even if it is just another riff on Damnation Alley.

Woolly

Admittedly not 2000AD, but give me a multi-series epic of Charley's War please!

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

certainly not one single movie, but a nine season (at least) nikolai dante, from the same russian netflix team who gave us the truly brilliant to the lake.