Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

For some reason, the "Add Attachment" button has disappeared from the GMail service on my BBrry. The solution, apparently, is to switch from the Mobile version to the Desktop version - but the Desktop version button has also gone missing.
Having a script to send, I signed up to mail.com and, thankfully, was able to attach and send my script. Mail.com then decided that my signing up and sending One email was "unusual activity" and blocked the account. Fffs.
Jim - can your friend bump someone who is just going for a check-up? That might be an acceptable compromise. (Somebody might have to pass this suggestion on as I think I may be on Uncle Jim's Ignore List.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Radiator - it's all rights and licensing. All totally arbitrary reasons dictated by the many mouths that want feeding from creation of a programme to its actual distribution. Throw in exclusivity, infrastructure costs, etc... it's a pain. Just entered this world of things and glad I don't have to get involved.

Spaceghost

People who try to inject some casual 'cool' into their remarks by saying or writing the word 'hell' at the start of a sentence, ie: "I love Return of the Jedi. Hell, I love it more than Empire".

There is no way you could ever say this out loud and not look and sound like an utterly cretinous bell-end, and writing it down is only 2 percent less embarrassing.

It's particularly jarring and cringe-worthy when it's used in fiction for character dialogue, as it's one of those things that's routinely used by lazy writers which people (I fucking hope) do not ever say.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

JamesC

Quote from: Spaceghost on 16 December, 2014, 03:52:49 PM
People who try to inject some casual 'cool' into their remarks by saying or writing the word 'hell' at the start of a sentence, ie: "I love Return of the Jedi. Hell, I love it more than Empire".

There is no way you could ever say this out loud and not look and sound like an utterly cretinous bell-end, and writing it down is only 2 percent less embarrassing.

It's particularly jarring and cringe-worthy when it's used in fiction for character dialogue, as it's one of those things that's routinely used by lazy writers which people (I fucking hope) do not ever say.

It works if you imagine Humphrey Bogart saying it.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

I, Cosh

Nearly as bad as people who pretend Empire Strikes Back is better than Star Wars.
We never really die.

Theblazeuk

It would work better if you were a cowboy. Or just American I imagine.

radiator

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 16 December, 2014, 01:08:20 PM
Radiator - it's all rights and licensing. All totally arbitrary reasons dictated by the many mouths that want feeding from creation of a programme to its actual distribution. Throw in exclusivity, infrastructure costs, etc... it's a pain. Just entered this world of things and glad I don't have to get involved.

Yeah, I figured it would be that. It's still totally moronic and self-defeating though.

Tiplodocus

Indeed.

Hell, why is something like Jaws still region protected?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SuperSurfer

Dandontdare

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 17 December, 2014, 11:54:36 PM
Blockheads who just don't listen.

I listen. I just then choose to ignore what you have asked me to do because I am a cretin.
Lock up your spoons!

SuperSurfer

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 18 December, 2014, 12:18:33 AM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 17 December, 2014, 11:54:36 PM
Blockheads who just don't listen.
I listen. I just then choose to ignore what you have asked me to do because I am a cretin.
At least you acknowledge listening then choose to ignore.

Modern Panther

Why was Ann Widecombe allowed to become  the nation's curmudgeonly, eccentric old auntie?