Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

All I saw was a complaint about paupers.

Theblazeuk

Cheapskates/Skinflints/Tightarses ≠ paupers.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 13 May, 2015, 12:55:43 PM
From my experience:
Cheapskates/Skinflints/Tightarses = rich.
I do know some exceptions to the (above) rule but generally that seems to be the case.

von Boom

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 13 May, 2015, 03:29:10 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 13 May, 2015, 12:55:43 PM
From my experience:
Cheapskates/Skinflints/Tightarses = rich.
I do know some exceptions to the (above) rule but generally that seems to be the case.

Too true. The rich don't get that way by spending money.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I've long been uncontrollably enraged when somebody uses the phrases "Finally saw" to talk about a movie that's been in cinemas for about 3 days, or that is so obscure even the director's family hasn't heard about it.

However, this morning I've seen a perfectly tolerable update on social media that "watched They Came Together last night" ruined by the reply "you took your time".

AAAARGH, I'LL WATCH FILMS IN MY OWN TIME, AND NOT AT ALL IF I'M NOT INTERESTED IN THEM OR HAVEN'T EVERN HEARD ABOUT THEM. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Sorry, I realise it may just be me that gets upset about this.

Jim_Campbell

...Posters constantly changing their usernames.

I'm sorry, but I should't have to go to your profile and look at your posting history just to try and figure out who the fuck you were posting as yesterday.

Bah.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

I was really tempted to make the inevitable 'joke' of changing my boardname purely for this post, but I couldn't be arsed.  I'll let Sauchie/Butch/Whatever do it instead.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CrazyFoxMachine

Bear... or Shark. Or BearShark. That's Sauchie isn't it, right?

I think they're all just Sc*j* frankly.

Professor Bear

Jim Campbell's wound up - must be Monday.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 18 May, 2015, 09:39:22 AM
Bear... or Shark. Or BearShark. That's Sauchie isn't it, right?

I think they're all just Sc*j* frankly.
Sc*j* seem's to have finally shuffled off entirely. Haven't seen any incarnation of him across the net for a good year now...

but I fo agree with Jim, name changes are getting really confusing at this point.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 18 May, 2015, 11:09:51 AM
Sc*j* seem's to have finally shuffled off entirely. Haven't seen any incarnation of him across the net for a good year now...

He's hanging around the ECBT blog's comment section of late, going on about how Rob Williams can't write Dredd.

*sigh*

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Rob Williams has injured his hands?

ZenArcade

Hear, hear. Give the bastards nothing. As an aside the profile names are at an all time high: BearShark, just priceless!! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JamesC

People who have badly fitted toilet seats which require you to hold them up with one hand while having a wee. Or worse, ones that you think are safely lent against the cistern but then drop down with a slam halfway through, splashing in the piss stream on the way.

Link Prime

Quote from: JamesC on 02 June, 2015, 11:49:15 AM
Or worse, ones that you think are safely lent against the cistern but then drop down with a slam halfway through, splashing in the piss stream on the way.

There's also a worse possible outcome...