Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

I could be missing something but as far as I can see, it's purely because it's easier on a Mac.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 21 November, 2016, 05:14:43 PM
with the latest iOS 'upgrade' they have now (seemingly spitefully) killed the ability to download and save image attachments from an email, which up until now has been the most convenient and hassle free workaround.

I haven't upgraded yet, but I believe if you press and hold the icon for the attached file in the email, the save options appear.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grugz

the latest boots ad treating all the women who work on Christmas day...are boots going to treat all the men who do the same to a hot towel shave and a pint?

excuse me while I go and burn my underpants and douse them in diet coke...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Quote from: Grugz on 28 November, 2016, 08:16:21 AM
the latest boots ad treating all the women who work on Christmas day...are boots going to treat all the men who do the same to a hot towel shave and a pint?

As I understand it Beer companies do make the odd advert aimed at men, and barbers have their stripey poles. Boots, OTOH sees its core market as primarily made up of ladies and at Christmas men who buy stuff for ladies. TV adverts lead me understand that women are in constant pain, suffering from constipation, sorry 'slow digestive transit', bloating, noxious odours, unsightly growths of hair which are at best dull and lifeless, moisture oozing from any number of orifices,  and at least 9 signs of ageing from the age of 12.  You can see why a chemist might want their business. Leave 'em to it, I say: still working through that first bottle of Old Spice from 1985.

JamesC

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 November, 2016, 09:34:00 AM
Quote from: Grugz on 28 November, 2016, 08:16:21 AM

As I understand it Beer companies do make the odd advert aimed at men,

Like this one for 'Hawk'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXcBVKjqW1Q

SuperSurfer

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 November, 2016, 09:34:00 AM
Leave 'em to it, I say: still working through that first bottle of Old Spice from 1985.
Brut 33 man, myself.

Frank

Advertisers target their customers. According to market research, the typical Boots customer is a middle aged, sensitive person who enjoys knitting, cooking and food shopping. Guess which gender 80% of them are?

Theblazeuk

Apparently London Pride is strongly associated with Celebrity>Donald Trump.

Thanks for ruining another thing YouGov.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Frank on 28 November, 2016, 01:43:12 PM
Advertisers target their customers. According to market research, the typical Boots customer is a middle aged, sensitive person who enjoys knitting, cooking and food shopping. Guess which gender 80% of them are?
Interesting. Does this mean the nation's youth all get their mums to buy their johnnies nowadays? How progressive.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 November, 2016, 01:56:32 PM

London's LGBTQ+ community is riddled with xenophobia and racism. Some of the most jaw dropping cases of hypocrisy I've ever bore witness to.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: I, Cosh on 28 November, 2016, 01:58:42 PM
Interesting. Does this mean the nation's youth all get their mums to buy their johnnies nowadays? How progressive.

Nah you just get them from the supermarket...

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 November, 2016, 02:05:41 PM

London's LGBTQ+ community is riddled with xenophobia and racism. Some of the most jaw dropping cases of hypocrisy I've ever bore witness to.

When we say 'London Pride" are we talking the mediocre real ale by Fuller or the annual rainbow parade?

Theblazeuk

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 November, 2016, 03:46:53 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 November, 2016, 02:05:41 PM

When we say 'London Pride" are we talking the mediocre real ale by Fuller or the annual rainbow parade?
Well don't I feel like a turnip! :-[  :lol:

Frank

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 November, 2016, 03:29:56 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 28 November, 2016, 01:58:42 PM
Quote from: Frank on 28 November, 2016, 01:43:12 PM

Interesting. Does this mean the nation's youth all get their mums to buy their johnnies nowadays?

Nah you just get them from the supermarket...

Self-scan, innit? And hope there isn't a problem with the barcode, or the attendant has to come over and eyeball the contents of your bag for life*.

Nobody searched for 2000ad? We're right wing millennials, who watch the news, quote Monty Python and drive Citroens.

Judge Dredd fans, by contrast, are beardless middle aged architects with bad breath, who buy their Armani suits at Primark and spend a lot of time on the internet. Megazine readers are easy going gamers.

* That's not a euphemism for a condom, although - thinking about it - it should be.