Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: Apestrife on 10 March, 2018, 07:52:33 AM
Quote from: JamesC on 09 March, 2018, 06:41:41 PM
Hmmm. I can see why the Swtch is a great choice for people who travel a lot and have maybe fallen a bit behind with releases over the last few years.

I never play it handheld. Have a bunch of games on it. Only ports that come to mind are Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart and DOOM (games I wouldn't mind buying again on new consoles). What I really like about the hardware is the controller. Great weight, HD rumble and good gyro.

Can't say I mind the WiiU ports. Tons of games on the WiiU who deserves another chance.

Already very excited over the the current line up of known upcoming games and there's also E3 around the corner. Nintendo WILL announce a couple of new ones there. Very excited to see what Retro studios been up to.

This is all fair enough but as someone who already owns a WiiU, PS4 and XBoxOne there's nothing making me want to pick up the Switch yet. I borrowed one from work to play Mario Odyssey on (which I think is a very good game but for some reason I lost all interest after a couple of weekends - I think I've probably just had enough Mario for one lifetime), since then it's sat untouched for about 3 months.

Krakajac

I should perhaps search through the thread...but I'm lazy. :)

Has anyone played Skyrim on the Switch - handheld mode?  Is it as immersive as other versions?  I'm happy with my PS4 for the time being - but the thought of sitting in bed at night and actually playing Skyrim on a handheld might sway me to purchase a second-hand Switch!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've got Skyrim. It's excellent. Graphically it sits beyond the original version but a few steps - only a few - behind the jazzed up special edition. It really needs a gamma slider, though, as some sections are just too dark.
Lock up your spoons!

Krakajac

Link Prime

Been looking for a cheap copy of Skyrim on the Switch for a while now- no dice.

Physical software for the Switch has the stubborn habit of retaining a higher than average price tag.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I deliberately downloaded Skyrim. It's such a long game, I took the view that other cartridges would come and go while I played it through.
Lock up your spoons!

Link Prime

I'm purposely seeking Switch games out in physical format partly due to collector OCD and partly out of fear of running out of space on the 128GB SD card I slapped into it the day after I bought it.

Tiplodocus

Just got my GameCube working again.

Man I loved that controller.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

GrudgeJohnDeed

Oh nice, I've got a couple of these bad boys!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Hori-Nintendo-GameCube-Controller-FL.jpg

Great for 2d games, nice knowing I can use them on my Switch if I get that adaptor.

Apestrife

Quote from: JamesC on 10 March, 2018, 08:34:31 AMThis is all fair enough but as someone who already owns a WiiU, PS4 and XBoxOne there's nothing making me want to pick up the Switch yet. I borrowed one from work to play Mario Odyssey on (which I think is a very good game but for some reason I lost all interest after a couple of weekends - I think I've probably just had enough Mario for one lifetime), since then it's sat untouched for about 3 months.

Understandable why you haven't gotten a console yet.

I had a similar feeling about Mario this time around. Brilliant game, but it didn't grab me as much as Mario 64, 3D Land or the Galaxy games. Finished the game, loved every minute of it, but I didn't feel the need to keep it in my collection.

radiator

Nintendo are going to be streaming an indie games showcase on Youtube in a few mins if anyone's interested.

radiator

Some interesting stuff in there - great that Mark of the Ninja is getting a Switch release. An amazing game that deserves a wider audience. The only stealth game I've ever enjoyed.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: radiator on 20 March, 2018, 04:17:20 PM
Some interesting stuff in there - great that Mark of the Ninja is getting a Switch release. An amazing game that deserves a wider audience. The only stealth game I've ever enjoyed.

Really? Not even the Dishonoreds? The only other stealth games I've enjoyed!
Lock up your spoons!

radiator