Main Menu

The Walking Dead Comic thread

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoname

I've got two of the giant, 1,000 page Walking Dead compendiums (numbers 2 & 3) to get through still.

They've been sitting on my bookshelf glowering at me for a year now. Must get round to read them, but they're so fucking unwieldy and intimidating.

Proudhuff

NOOOOO!! Just thought that final panel could be yet another intro to a [spoiler]hip happening young thing [/spoiler] as TWD re-alines itself as THE 100 with zombies!...its going to end up like on of those dreadful teen high school werewolf and vampire romeo/Juliet things  :'(
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 12 January, 2018, 04:33:11 PM
yeah that's the one but more the fact that they now have [spoiler]50 thousand new chums[/spoiler]
That's one big Pat Mills' intro page!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

no-one else reading this now?

Did anyone else notice the distinct lack of Walking Dead in the latest issue?

Someone's left that cake out in the rain...
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

So I've just got to the collection where The Princess is introduced. Which ends with, and I shit you not, an "I'm not going to kill you because you're not worth It!".

Now obviously I will never ever hold a candle to a writer light Kirkman but What. The. Actual. Fuck?

Any way, I have an idea. Any Walking Dead fans left can club together and we'll pay for 10 pages of Charlie Adlard commission that just finish it off with an unstoppable herd coming in and eating everybody.

Then we can stick that in the back of our books and say "No, I stuck with it to the very end. Volume 29 onwards? No, never heard of them. Look here's the end here. They all get eaten. It's official"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

(That was really entitled fan whining. I am sorry)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Nah, yer right! That's what I have done in my head with the four Dark Judges, in my world they are still in BONG! and stored in the Science Block of the Justice Dept. Deadworld never happened, and Bobby never gets out the shower.
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

The monthly has actually just got interesting so glad I was still buying out of habit.  :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Yeah still buy it too but scunnered with the telly version and the comic at the mo, really hoping fear TWD picks up and the current comic story line goes somewhere new :-X
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has completely lost the plot with the telly series.  Granted, I'm currently only up to the mid series break but I'm watching so many different scenes where I've completely forgotten what was going on in relation to it.

Not completely blown away with the latest storyline in the comic but New World Order is at least a little more interesting that some of the stuff that we've seen of late.  Looking at some of the solicitations for later issues, it does look like its going pretty much where I expected it to.  We'll have to see how they do on it.

Proudhuff

I'd decided to give up on the Fear TWD and TWD on telly as the endless downbeat, of set up and knockdown was getting wearing... then suddenly FearTWD has pick up and there's a bit more life about it, except [spoiler]Nick getting killed[/spoiler] along with [spoiler]his cash crop[/spoiler], looks like its got its mojo back, also enjoying the Talking Dead Fear edition, BT showing it without Ads which is great.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

So New World Order... overlong tedious set up for a right good twist on nation building politics yawwwwnn?

Having said that the final episode of Fear TWD done exactly what I'd hoped it would...which was nice.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Will the comic book languishes in the doldrums, Fear TWD second half of the TV series just begins and is rather good, was hoping for that road trip back to Alexandria, but that doesn't look likely from the chat in Talking Dead  :-X
DDT did a job on me

GordyM

When I'm reading my latest batch of comics I always put my favourite ones at the bottom of the pile, saving the best for last. For years WD was always sitting pretty at the bottom. Now? It's getting closer and closer to the top. With the current storyline I Just Don't Care. I guess Kirkman wants to mix things up and give readers something different but following up from the Whisperers with race and class politics? Baffles me.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Colin YNWA

Quote from: GordyM on 24 August, 2018, 03:25:19 PM
When I'm reading my latest batch of comics I always put my favourite ones at the bottom of the pile, saving the best for last.

I respect and indeed share this system. While I appreciate this has nothing to do with The Walking Dead I do feel its important to acknowledge a sound mastery of comics reading as displayed here.