Main Menu

Question for Discworld fans, obv spoilers

Started by Conexus, 23 November, 2005, 11:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

Oh, come on Feg, do you not think theres a limit.

The Adventurer

Maybe it's because I'm American and Pratchett is exotic to me, but he was and still is one of the greatest authors I've ever read. I pick up his newest books obsessivly and burn through them rapidly.

His work since Nightwatch has been nothing short of extrordinary. His capasity to weave comedy and drama into a single coherent narative is astounding.

I don't care what the man says about Rowling, people are intitled to their opinions on the industry they work in, and as good as Harry Potter is, Discworld does deserve more praise then it gets in the usual fantasy circles.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

SamuelAWilkinson

Just following your line of reasoning. I'm not making any comments about whether or not you're right, but you can't use 'because it's human nature' as a reason for it, for the reason above.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Carlsborg Expert

Because its bollocks..

Yeah your right.No, wait. It may not be the best reasoning but it is justifiable.

So your saying people choose to be hypocritical.

So when your pretending to be better than you are to attract a mate your not being hypocritical?Or when you go for a job? Or meet the mother-in-law, you hate,hmm??

Its called survival. One day youll find your puritan rules wont save you or your bloodline. Human nature.Or suffer ego-death, by taking too many drugs to ignore the 'reasoning'.

You make me sound like Ive criticised the poor fella when all I was doing was pointing out a few small points I found interesting.If i was going to get uptight about it Id probabley ask you take venture on the reasonings for hypocricy. Its like Brutus said;" I dont want to be head of state but Ill have a stab at it."

Anywhey this thread is not about greek mythology so back to you Terry. I know you lurking.

Bico

Stand back, fellas - looks like he's in a stabbing mood today...

SamuelAWilkinson

See, now THAT's a reason for hypocrasy which carries more weight.* If you'd said that in the first place, we'd all have slept a little easier in our beds.

*Not enough, mind, but I don't want to get into this.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Carlsborg Expert

Dont try and heighten me to your level Bear.