Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

The third Bleach movie has been fansubbed.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Devons Daddy

they agreed to give the hard working team in Food and beverage a 4.5% pay rise!!!

we asked, we reasoned, we fought, we projected our figures, WE WON.
I wont be getting a rise, but thats ok. 8)(part of the deal we brokered)
i am proud that the staff will be rewarded.
they deserve it.   :P
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wellsybeer

Hats off to you Chef, that's really great of you. Why aren't more bosses the same?

Roger Godpleton

I finally got my free 800 MS points from buying all five Summer of XBLA games. Now do I get Monkey Island or Puzzle Bobble?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

SuperSurfer

Finally got round to starting to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm series 6 which I've had for a while. It's myeh, not bad, not great, kind of okay.

TordelBack

My little one slept for 5 hours straight last night, from 20.30 to 01.30!  Then she decided to stay awake until just now. 

But still, 5 hours!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 October, 2009, 07:21:04 AM
My little one slept for 5 hours straight last night, from 20.30 to 01.30!  Then she decided to stay awake until just now. 

But still, 5 hours!

I wish our little little 'un would remember how to do that!

Mike Gloady

My mother never ceased telling me that I was a wakeful insomniac git all my life and that it wasn't a recent occurance.  Three hours out of every 24 for the first four or five years of my life would be spent asleep.  My father hit upon the very 1970s soulution of dipping the teat of my bottle in Jameson's.  Did the trick.  It was that or have the poor buggers go batshit crazy.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

QuoteMy father hit upon the very 1970s soulution of dipping the teat of my bottle in Jameson's.  

This is the No. 1 topic of conversation in TordelTowers every morning ca. 3am, generally revolving a found the discursive lynchpin of 'never did me any harm'.  Watch this space.

I've actually started taking the wee one to work with me (if I'm doing a fair bit of driving or walking, and not meeting clients) just to give the missus  a break.  I was doggedly  climbing a muddy hill in the rain earlier today with herself in a chest pouch under my vizcoat, when I was treated to a chorus of laughter from my so-called colleagues who were sheltering under a hedge watching my slow approach.  Their time will come.

By way of compensation, we took a late liquid lunch of milk and coffee (respectively) on a windswept beach at the mouth of the Boyne, watching the gulls and the waves and bonding over a burping competition.  Sleep and ridicule are very small prices to pay.

Mike Gloady

That made me fill up a bit there. My dad used to bark like a dog and burp as a means of calming children. Oddly his very realistic and angry sounding dog noises always seemed to do the trick. Just remembered that. Give miniTordelBack a hug from me.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: The Cosh on 06 October, 2009, 08:30:57 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 04 October, 2009, 07:16:31 PM
I am too old to understand this post.

I thought they should have stopped after Domestos, now that was a killer!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 October, 2009, 08:36:07 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 06 October, 2009, 08:30:57 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 04 October, 2009, 07:16:31 PM
I am too old to understand this post.

I thought they should have stopped after Domestos, now that was a killer!

Absolutely because it all became a bit sanitised after Domestos.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 October, 2009, 07:21:04 AM

But still, 5 hours!

Not bad going for such a young one.

My little cherubs get up at around 6 every morning no matter what time they go to bed, we've tried early bed, late bed, Vodka. Its either one or the other, I think they are in cahoots and just take it in turns.
Weekends without a lie in isn't fun, but wouldn't have it any other way.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.