Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dunk! on 07 April, 2011, 12:05:13 PM
Just had a huge argument with a colleague, in a packed meeting, over the fact that when the movie batman has his mask on he also has black make up on to hid his skin.
Reminded me how stupid, and unreal, my day job can be.

The argument was work related right?
DDT did a job on me

Dunk!

Yes.

We have a character who wears a mask for some time in the game I'm currently working on and at the moment looks stupid whilst wearing it.

I mentioned darkening their skin and features when the mask is on like the movie Batmen.

There was a reply...

and thus it began.

The most surprising part is that the person involved is management level and a very bemused client was in the room.

Someone has a secret hard for The Bat methinks.
"Trust we"

Dandontdare

Shit, I wish the arguments in our team meetings were about things like Batman's mask!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 April, 2011, 01:21:05 PM
Shit, I wish the arguments in our team meetings were about things like Batman's mask!

Just what I was thinking!
It'd make a change from all those heated debated about the correct number of links in a badge chain.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 April, 2011, 01:21:05 PM

same, at least I'd win those ones!
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Finally the postman has realised that, if after gently knocking on the door and there is no answer, then he should leave any parcels behind the recycling bin!

SmallBlueThing

...because after weeks of nagging, i finally sat down today and  completed my wife's showreel, and she's loaded it to her website.

Perhaps at last i can get some peace.

SBT

Steve Green

SmallBlueThing

Youre absolutely right. It lasted til i got to work, when the 'ive thought of some changes' textx started to come through...
SBT

Kerrin

"You do realise that you booked today off, don't you?"

I do now! Hurrah! Work gear off, flip-flops on.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's only "sort of OK", 'cause I could have stayed in bed. Dopey sod.

House of Usher

Royal Mail lost the entire contents of the postbox round the corner a fortnight ago. My partner's mother didn't get her lovingly hand-crafted Mother's Day card, and a nephew didn't get his birthday card.

But on the bright side, they also lost the census form we posted. A guy from the census just called to say they hadn't received our form. Hahaha! Twats.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

it got lost in the post? ha! wish i thought of that!!!

SmallBlueThing

Today's charity shop purchases:

SMASH! Annual 1973, with two janus Stark strips, one in colour: One pound.

The Complete World War Hulk trade paperback: Two pounds.

Eight 1990s issues of the Beano: Twenty-five pence each.

The Beano Book of Amazing Facts: One pound.

Yay!

SBT

Dandontdare

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 06 May, 2011, 10:03:29 PM
SMASH! Annual 1973, with two janus Stark strips, one in colour: One pound.

Shit, I think I used to have this annual from my big brother as a kid - is it the one where Stark escapes from a cage and slides under and out of the mouth of a tiger skin rug to kill his kidnapper?

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 May, 2011, 11:59:19 PM

Shit, I think I used to have this annual from my big brother as a kid - is it the one where Stark escapes from a cage and slides under and out of the mouth of a tiger skin rug to kill his kidnapper?

It certainly is! After escaping from a boobytrapped catherine wheel, he has to defeat some crazed Indians who want to murder their king, at a circus. In the second strip, he goes to India (in an unconnected story) and gets seconded by the British Government to humiliate a terrorist leader, with elephants.

SBT