8. Day of Chaos
9. The Judge Child
10. The Day the Law Died
11. Oz
12. Cry of the Werewolf
13. Total War
14. Mandroid
15. Trifecta
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Here is the complete list plus the points scored:

1). The Apocalypse War (192)
2). Necropolis (165)
3). The Pit (133)
4). The Cursed Earth (128)
5). Tour of Duty (106)
6). Tale of the Dead Man (99)
7). Block Mania (89)
8). Day of Chaos (84)
9). The Judge Child (78)
10). The Day the Law Died (70)
11). Oz (69)
12). Cry of the Werewolf (67)
13). Total War (59)
14). Mandroid (58)
15). Trifecta (54)
16). Origins (53)
17). The Graveyard Shift (45)
18). City of the Damned (37)
19). Destiny's Angels (37)
20). Emphatically Evil: The Life and Crimes of PJ Maybe (37)
21). Sin City (36)
22). Terror (34)
23). The Small House (30)
24). Incubus (26)
25). Machine Law (26)
26). Return of the Assassin (24)
27). Sector House (22)
28). Judgement Day (21)
29). Beyond the Call of Duty (18)
30). Dredd Angel (18)
31). The Edgar Case (16)
32). Wilderlands (12)
33). Block Judge (11)
34). Titan (11)
35). Death Aid (9)
36). Enceladus (8)
37). The Scorpion Dance (8)
38). Dark Justice (7)
39). Dead Reckoning (6)
40). Revenge of the Chief Judge's Man (5)
41). The Lion's Den (5)
42). Guatemala (4)
43). Mandroid: Instument of War (4)
44). Blood Trails (2)
45). Book of the Dead (2)
46). Darkside (2)
47). Ladykiller (2)
48). Crusade (1)
49). Goodnight Kiss (1)
50). Mechanismo - Body Count (1)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

DrJomster

Fascinating stuff! That top 15 is so strong.

Not too surprised about the top two, but the ordering on the rest is interesting.

Thanks for running!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Greg M.

Surprised The Graveyard Shift didn't crack the top 15 - it's much better than Origins, ranked immediately above it.

Richard

14 of the 15 are by Wagner! And he wrote a couple of episodes of the other one too!

Dandontdare

Cursed Earth was Pat Mills and Trifecta was everybody but JW surely? Can't be bothered looking them all up to see if I've missed any, but curious as to which 'other one' you meant.(and don't call me Shirley)

Richard

Yes you're right, don't know why I counted Trifecta! 13 then, still impressive. That's 87%!

DrJomster

Quote from: Greg M. on 17 August, 2020, 09:11:46 PM
Surprised The Graveyard Shift didn't crack the top 15 - it's much better than Origins, ranked immediately above it.

I'm a Graveyard Shift fan too. Case Files 7, good people! Take a look, it's a good'un.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

I was more surprised by the low ranking of Day of Chaos and the high ranking of The Pit. The Pit maybe because it was one of those Dredd stories I am not very fond off.

IndigoPrime

Mandroid seems under-appreciated. The Pit was, for me, where Dredd shifted heavily towards becoming a procedural, but it also showcased that 2000 AD was 'fixed'. Day of Chaos was an excellent example of repeatedly turning the screw—but I still believe Wagner then stripped the head off of the thing.

Greg M.

I think Day of Chaos is a very good story, but with the exception of the Dark Judges bit, I don't actually like it that much. It's unrelentingly grim and it kind of signals the death of Dredd as a series for me, even though there've been some decent stories since.

broodblik

Day of Chaos was for me way too much grim and harsh.  I felt that the story was written too kill the Dredd-verse.

Richard

I liked the Dark Judges bit, because it upped the ante -- they were already in a huge crisis, and now this too?!

broodblik

Too many of the mega epics focus was on total destruction and body-count. My favorite Dredd-verse story will always be America because it is more than just destruction (or action).

Greg M.

Quote from: Richard on 18 August, 2020, 02:37:51 PM
I liked the Dark Judges bit, because it upped the ante -- they were already in a huge crisis, and now this too?!
I agree - it was one of the few remaining valid uses of the DJs. I also think they benefited from Death's absence - it was interesting to have the spotlight on the other three without their leader.