Main Menu

Before 2000AD

Started by colcool007, 15 February, 2005, 04:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcool007

As I am a collector of those comics that came before 2000AD, does anyone wish to share their thoughts on comics such as Victor, Battle, Action, Wizard, etc?

Max Kon

Before 2000AD there was 1999, and all previous years, going back to the big bang, and what ever was before that.

Darryl

Victor - DC Thomson war comic?

I used to get;

2000ad
Battle / actionforce (when the 2 melded)
Roy of the rovers
and i vaguely recall -
Lion
Valliant.

think i may have some still at my dads.... bloody good reads most of them, but looking back, there was some utter shite....

DavidXBrunt

Heh, you looking to buy any Battle Action Force?

paulvonscott

How much do you want for em Dave?

DavidXBrunt

Well...I'll let you know what I've got and see what we can get to. Approximatley 100 issues, 7 annuals, 2 specials, various free gifts, and a bag of assorted toys.

Art

I'vce fond memoris of a comic about spacemen visiting a planet of robots, ruled by a bodiless robot head that had to be carried around on a cushion. Could it be Starblazer?

janus stark

i was a big vulcan fan
the trigan empire stil gives me nightmares
one particular episode where young men
where turned into doddering old fools
the spider
kellys eye.
the house of dolls
ahhh now im going up to the loft to dig them out.

LARF

Starblazer, mini comic books, pure joy!

House of Usher

I didn't come across much before 2000AD. There was The Beano, and The Dandy, and a few Marvel UK titles with Avengers reprints and the like.

Hotspur rings a bell. But these were things I only ever saw one at a time, and fleetingly.

Other than than, I got about a dozen American comics in 1976, and they lasted me about 5 years, being read over and over again.
STRIKE !!!

Carlsborg Expert.

My first annual was the original Hulk, at the age of 4, then there was the Fantastic Four.

I remember wishing I was the human torch.
Having the hots for susan? The invisible woman.

My sisters got the same treatment but with Misty. The mystery book for girls.

Then Blue Jeans and Jackie?

janus stark

after reading my comics
it was always worth a look at my sisters misty (that sounds a bit pervy) to see how scary girls comics where.remember a story about a girl who  caught butterflys  who eventualy gets caught by some alien and put in a jar.could have been a future shock?

House of Usher

"...the human torch.
Having the hots for susan? The invisible woman.
"

Dude, that would be his sister.
STRIKE !!!

Carlsborg Expert.

Oh...This would happen seperately tho,do you see,;) H.ush

I remember the Jar one especially, Janus.

It was darker than the silly boy fight mags. Then again, I hadn't got to grips with action/battle until I started grazing the JUMBLE SALES.

Bad Andy

I had the beano - remember giving Eagle a try for a bit. A trip to LA when I was eight also got me into Secret Wars - which only today I have bought the collected storyline from Forbidden Planet on Shaftsbury Avenue. Never been there before - its a big shop.