Main Menu

Future Shock?

Started by Minkyboy, 13 January, 2015, 07:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minkyboy

Usually I can sleep for Britain but last night my brain was set to random. I remember a one off from years back where a future space geezer on a planet was being offered his choice of a pile of lethal exotic weapons for a contest / duel. There was a pistol that vaporised a mountain and a hand held nuke or something. Anyway I can't remember what he chose and how it helped him win, other than it was curveball ending. Kept me awake for awhile. Was it some kind of helmet? 
Any ideas? 
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Colin YNWA

Now I can't remember the specifics but in my head it was drawn by Steve Dillon (Jeff Anderson?) and may have even been written by GMozz? Anyway yeah it was a helmet which allowed him to read minds?

To Barney...

JOE SOAP

Tharg's Future Shocks

It's the Thought that Counts 1 episode (Prog 442) 3 pages
Script: Peter Milligan, Artist: Steve Dillon

He finds the Ultimate Weapon - [spoiler]which happens to be a helmet that can read minds.[/spoiler]

Colin YNWA

Beat me to it Pete Milligan not GMozz but that aside I'm amazed how much of that I remembered!

Minkyboy

That's the Badger! Thanks chaps.
Wish I could re read it now but that prog is in the run that papered my bedroom ceiling many moons ago.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000