Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Arkady

Can anyone give us a breakdown of the contents of 17 & 18?

moldovangerbil

15&16 here.  The latest post from hachette helpfully doesn't cover what will happen with those of us who've just got these.  In a sane world I'd expect we'll get the cover gallery special, sketchbook and issues 17&18 next.  What we'll actually get is anyone's guess.

oddballuk

moly

IndigoPrime

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 10 April, 2018, 05:01:49 PM
15&16 here.  The latest post from hachette helpfully doesn't cover what will happen with those of us who've just got these.  In a sane world I'd expect we'll get the cover gallery special, sketchbook and issues 17&18 next.  What we'll actually get is anyone's guess.
Knowing the hash they're making of this, another copy of 15 and 16, but with a covers book. I've asked for clarification. As for timing, assuming they screwed up everyone's order, and will send whatever's due with the next shipment, that means all subscribers will be a month behind, receiving their issues around the time the first of the next set goes on sale. That's a bit like if you received your 2000 AD a week after it first went on sale in the shops.

moldovangerbil

I'm increasingly convinced the inside of Hachette looks something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyFfmGf3b2Y

BPP

Just got 17 & 18 with the sketch book (fantastic 10/10).

I never received 15 & 16 nor a covers book. Should I mail them or are they meant to be coming automatically?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: BPP on 10 April, 2018, 10:26:20 PM

I never received 15 & 16 nor a covers book. Should I mail them or are they meant to be coming automatically?

They should come in your next delivery in 4 weeks time.

I don't see how subscribers will be a month behind though. Still on track just one delivery out of order, surely?

moldovangerbil

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 11 April, 2018, 07:38:22 AM
Quote from: BPP on 10 April, 2018, 10:26:20 PM

They should come in your next delivery in 4 weeks time.

I don't see how subscribers will be a month behind though. Still on track just one delivery out of order, surely?

We should have had 15&16 at the start of March, then 17&18 at the start of April.  19&20 should be at the start of May.  So if they only send out 15&16 or 17&18 (depending on what you've just received) at the start of May then we'll be still 2 behind.  Of course if they send out 4 books at the start of May then we'll be up to date.

Mattofthespurs

Ok, thanks.
As mentioned before, I don't really keep up with these things. They arrive when they arrive. It doesn't bother me either way.
But thanks for clearing that up  :)

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Arkady on 10 April, 2018, 04:43:43 PM
Can anyone give us a breakdown of the contents of 17 & 18?

17 is the complete Zombo from the pages of the prog, but not his appearance as Z.O.M.B.O  in the 40th special.

18 is Slaine vol 1 up to the end of Sky Chariots in prog 360

robert_ellis

I was annoyed that they'd overlapped the 2000ad & the end of the Dredd collection. This kind of alleviates that for a month. I'm impressed that Hachette reprinted misaligned spines so readily. It's easy to get drawn into the "how dare they - I'm cancelling" melodrama. The delays have made me appreciate the well run machine of 2000ad - every Wednesday there's a prog, and it's usually way better than the majority of books in the local comic shop!

IndigoPrime

"Kindly not [sic] that the special cover gallery is currently out of stock as soon as we it is available it will be sent to you, issue 17 and18 will be dispatched before the end of april your your subscription will be up to date .we apologize for the inconvenience."

They didn't answer my query about this effectively leaving subscribers behind the newsstand.

Tomwe

I asked about skipping 15 & 16, or getting them as an extra order so to keep up with the newsagents. But the answer is no.