Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

She was so great in Dredd, it's sad that she hasn't been seen in more. A real shame.

ABCwarBOT

Don't know about anyone else but I'd like to see a future London Mega City in this sometimes too.   

Smith

I dont think Satanus got away.JD followed him onto hell(or anti-matter dimension or whatever) and made him eat his own heart.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: sheridan on 19 May, 2017, 10:28:08 PM
Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 19 May, 2017, 09:25:11 PM
It would but part of its appeal would be lost were 'The Taxidermist' to be adapted early on. The problem is the dignified Jacob Sardini [spoiler]gets away with it[/spoiler], something I can't recall anyone else doing in the ten years 2000 AD had been going by then. Being faithful to that so soon into a TV series would undermine the Judges all-pervasive authoritarianism and rob the story of its quiet power (and some of its humour), whereas changing the ending would make Sardini just another victim of the City.

You've got me wondering about other characters who [spoiler]got away with it[/spoiler].  Arguments could be made for Satanus, Stan Lee, PJ Maybe...  Though of those, only Satanus [spoiler]completely escapes the law[/spoiler].

Did the guy from the story Poor Johnny (subtitled Nevermind on the Meg 2.77 cover) get away with it? He did a PJ Maybe style identity switch and got away with it at the end of the story. I do hope he got caught later though!

sheridan

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 20 May, 2017, 04:26:26 AM
Don't know about anyone else but I'd like to see a future London Mega City in this sometimes too.

Brit-Cit has been mentioned already!

Richard

The perp in Poor Johnny got away with it! We haven't seen him since.

Richard

Just re-read The Hunters Club in Case File 8, and thought it would make a great episode of the TV series, if they decide to adapt any of the comic stories.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: sheridan on 20 May, 2017, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 20 May, 2017, 04:26:26 AM

Brit-Cit has been mentioned already!

Good.   I think it would be a nice touch seeing as the show might be made here and it's a British comic anyway.   In fact I think it's a must and it could still involve Dredd himself.

Smith

sheridan

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

NapalmKev

Quote from: Smith on 21 May, 2017, 05:47:04 AM
Did we fancast Armitage already?

Dick Van Dyke does a good cockney accent... allegedly!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

A.Cow

Quote from: Smith on 21 May, 2017, 05:47:04 AM
Did we fancast Armitage already?

Never mind that -- the most important one is...

HERSHEY!?!?!?

We need someone who can do stern & non-nonsense and is within budgetary reality.

I propose Rose Byrne.  She's got the look and (from clips I've seen) seems to have the acting chops to cover a range of storylines.

Smith

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Helen Mirren for Mcgruder. Get her a prosthetic beard, she'd still be dead sexy
You may quote me on that.