Main Menu

Lawgiver Mark 2 Scratchbuild Holster

Started by Spartan_6, 31 August, 2014, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan_6

Hello Citizens!
Awhiles back I bit and got myself a Planet Replicas Full Judge Outfit. Dan was really helpful and after a bit, got the suit.
I decided to make a few changes to the suit accessories and one of the main issues I had was the not correct supplied holster.

Armed with a background of prop and scratch builds, I decided to build a new one from the ground up, using the supplied Mark 2 Lawgiver shape. And so, with Dan's blessing, I began...

Using acrylic pieces, I started marking out, cutting, trimming and attaching the pieces together, brass L plate joints were used to connect the pieces.

To be continued....watch this space...
-- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. - Oscar Wilde --

Spartan_6

And....

I used carbon to strengthen the surfaces with an Laminating Epoxy to seal it in.

Once everything was glued down, carbon-ed and sanded down. I used leather to protect and cover the entire holster surface. Using spare academy badges from my unused pouches, these were attached to make the holster more 'issued'.

And the entire completed holster was mounted onto a spare BHI Serpa thigh rig. Yes, this wasn't comic book canon and follows more of the recent Dredd concept.

Last bit to follow....
-- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. - Oscar Wilde --

Spartan_6

And the finished rig setup, complete with newly made leather pouches...

And on me...

That's it for now!

Bolt-01

That is pretty damn impressive. Thanks for posting.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Spartan_6

strangelysaucy

Saw this on the RPF and said the same over there - awesome work!
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

Buttonman

judda fett

Spartan_6

Finished suit, with the gun rig, at the Singapore Toys Games and Comics Con over the weekend.

Bolt-01

Superb- looking great and I hope you arrested that space pirate!

Dandontdare

That looks great! Did you spot any other representatives of Justice dept at that con? (and did you have to keep explaining that this was comic Dredd rather than movie Dredd?)

8-Ball

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Spartan_6

Thanks guys!

The Space Pirate is in custody, with the contraband he had...

There was suppose to be 2 other movie Judges, but I didn't see em. I was patrolling solo.... Met a kookhead that acted he knew all about Judges and then stated I was missing a cod piece...go figure.
Met a few fans and one gal that really love Dredd.... ;)

Dash Decent

Great work, Spartan_6!  And once again, the pictures prove that the Judge uniform from the comics looks great, and not ridiculous, in real life.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.