Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: sauchie on 23 February, 2013, 06:46:33 PM
That is perfect. I'm not kidding; if you took a rule and a set of dividers to that page you'd see that the balance of proportions are absolutely literally perfectly in harmony with each other, and the relationship between the areas of black and white leads the eye through that composition flawlessly and effortlessly. That your commission also manages to be dynamic, dramatic, and to demonstrate a great sense of humour, is what makes Mick a genius.

McMahon seems to build up an image (at least in his head) by arranging, layering and combining simple geometric shapes into something much more complex, and if you traced over that image, marking the lines of composition and the arrangement of triangles and hyperbola which all converge on the focal point of that page, the result would look a lot like the formal perfection of cubist art.

Congratulations, Jack - that's a masterpiece.

I'll chomp to that!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Andy_Lee

Quote from: opaque on 24 February, 2013, 03:39:28 PM
*Sigh* I didn't win the lottery so it wasn't to be.

I did scan nearly all my artwork this morning though so when I've stitched them all together I can put them up :)

Have you tried Microsoft Image Composite Editor? Great for stitching.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ice/

Greg M.

QuoteHave you tried Microsoft Image Composite Editor? Great for stitching.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ice/

Now that's a ridiculously handy piece of kit - it'll prove very useful in my on-going efforts to get some decent pictures of my art up. Many thanks for that. Here's a couple of recently obtained pieces, mentioned further up the thread:

The Dead Man:

Nemesis Bk 2:

opaque

Ice is brilliant isn't it :)

It's amazing how many of my pieces just wouldn't fit on an A3 scanner.
It scans straight to my work email so got to copy them tomorrow (and scan the pile of Sin City pencil pages) before I can get combining them.
Refound a few things I'd forgotten about :P

Andy_Lee

I shouldn't look at this thread. My art buying is on hold while Jr is away at university. Mind you those McMahon commissions are something else.

Spikes

Quote from: opaque on 24 February, 2013, 09:00:49 PM
Ice is brilliant isn't it :)

It's amazing how many of my pieces just wouldn't fit on an A3 scanner.
It scans straight to my work email so got to copy them tomorrow (and scan the pile of Sin City pencil pages) before I can get combining them.
Refound a few things I'd forgotten about :P

Ill have to investigate this new gizmo further!
Would you believe i scanned my Apoc War DPS, which it massive -  believe me, on a A4 scanner? It took 9 scans to cover the bulk of it, then a whole load of other smaller scans to cover the rest, and then it was ALL stitched together using nowt more than paint...

I must learn to move with the times!  :lol:

Will these new scans be going up on CAF, Kev?

And cracking pages, Greg. Always nice to see Dead Man pages pop up.

opaque

Greg M.

Bit more Dead Man for you - one of the three Ridgway covers (I believe Mr. Wells has the greatest of the three, but this one is significantly browner):

ming

A very nice crop of pages, Greg.  That Redondo one is probably the standout for me; I really can't see enough of his stuff these days.  Great stuff.  :)

Spikes

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 February, 2013, 04:52:30 PM
Bit more Dead Man for you - one of the three Ridgway covers (I believe Mr. Wells has the greatest of the three, but this one is significantly browner):

Super sweet, that Greg.  :thumbsup:
(And yes, Mr Wells has that cover, doesnt he. Jammy bugger!)

Skullmo

Lovely Ridgeway - he is a real favourite artist for me and I would love to get my hands on some Deadman (one of my favourite stories).

That Nemesis is fab as well! Lovely stuff!
It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Andy_Lee

Bubba Zebill

Cam Kennedy?....Mr Tony Tubbs?
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105