Main Menu

Best Early Morrison 2000ad Work

Started by Judo, 24 June, 2012, 10:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judo

Title says it all. What's your favourite early Grant Morrison piece for 2000ad, what programme and why? I'm looking stuff out for a signing and cant decide what to take so very open to suggestions. Ta x x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Buttonman

WhitBloke

Quote from: Buttonman on 24 June, 2012, 11:03:13 PM
Candy and the Catchman Prog 419.

....as very much opposed to The Invisible Etchings Of Salvador Dali but if you want to pick out a single Zenith issue I doubt you could do better than going for the Peyne Interlude one.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Skullmo

I love Candy and the Catchman. I have some of the art.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Judo

Darkcyan]haha yeah Candy and the Catchman is a peach ill need to look it out and hope the cover is still attached. Zenith is abso fabby though <3 hmm i could always chance both but I wanted to get the deluxe of We3 signed too x

I, Cosh

Ulysses Sweet: Fruitcake and Veg. Go for a double signing as it was Colin MacNeil's first 2000AD work.

Candy and the Catchman, as ripped off by Cosh in an English essay many years ago.

Best though. There's no point pretending it's not Zenith. Get him to sign the smug little grin on St. John's face just before he says "Tyger. Tyger."
We never really die.

Art

Link Prime

Quote from: Art on 25 June, 2012, 06:23:19 AM
Before 2000AD...

THE BLACK ZOID!
http://www.zoidstar.com/09/index.html

I freakin loved ZOIDS, thats hilarious that it was Grant Morrison writing it.

Judo

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 June, 2012, 01:13:55 AM
Ulysses Sweet: Fruitcake and Veg. Go for a double signing as it was Colin MacNeil's first 2000AD work.

Candy and the Catchman, as ripped off by Cosh in an English essay many years ago.

Best though. There's no point pretending it's not Zenith. Get him to sign the smug little grin on St. John's face just before he says "Tyger. Tyger."
Yesh cosh <3 this is my new plan after a pub debate about morrison and macneil working together. Colins my fave ad artist so ill annoy him all weekend for sigs but I promise to make it up to him in whiskey lol. Hoping I can get grants sig if I'm not too pished to miss the queue. Ill try my luck wi 2 ads and a frank quitely thing that's not superman. Grant gets nostalgic for his early work, adorable x

Aonghus

Quote from: Link Prime on 26 June, 2012, 05:22:27 PM
Before 2000AD...

THE BLACK ZOID!

:o I had no idea! I loved Zoids too, and now I just love it more. Moreover I spent the entire morning googling 90s cartoons and bathing in nostalgia, so this is very pertinent.

Judo

Quote from: Aonghus on 27 June, 2012, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 26 June, 2012, 05:22:27 PM
Before 2000AD...

THE BLACK ZOID!

:o I had no idea! I loved Zoids too, and now I just love it more. Moreover I spent the entire morning googling 90s cartoons and bathing in nostalgia, so this is very pertinent.

WTFWIN. Mind. Officially. Blown.

Growing up in the 90s was the best for cartoons <3 earthworm jim, the tick, ren and stimpy, reboot, beavis and butt head, liquid tv, biker mice from mars... Good times good times x

Judo

Sadly Colin couldnt make it but this was my eventual decision <3 x

JOE SOAP

Judo

when i dug it out i realised it had morrison, macneil, wagner and grant in it so it vastly cut down how much i had to carry x