Main Menu

Doctor Who Series 11 Discussion

Started by Andy Lambert, 07 October, 2018, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Yeah I like Yaz, but they really need to do more with the character.

Mattofthespurs

I've just got to admit that this series is not aimed at me and live with it.

Which is a shame.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mardroid on 04 January, 2019, 12:41:16 PM

TBH, the only way is up.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 January, 2019, 06:14:39 PM

TBH, the only way is up.

New Auton story for next series - Yaz and the plastic population.

Dudley

A great New Year special that had my kid jumping up and down with excitement (that'd be my boy who just had a Dr Who themed birthday party and sleeps with his sonic screwdriver on the nightstand). We loved the stripping back of the Dalek emphasising their essential deadliness once more, and this older fan liked the return to shooting Dr who in a quarry. The team has really come together well, as shown in the way that the Ryan plot about family held our interest even though it was mostly a static two-hander. Wish the next series would come sooner!

Andy Lambert

It may be of interest to know the scrapyard Dalek was completely robotic and didn't have an operator inside like the usual ones do.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 05 January, 2019, 09:05:19 AM
It may be of interest to know the scrapyard Dalek was completely robotic and didn't have an operator inside like the usual ones do.
'Unidentified Kaled Mutation in bagging area, please remove abomination to continue'

sheridan

Quote from: pauljholden on 01 January, 2019, 08:16:45 PM
Convenient? That poor man had been pointlessly carrying a microwave oven with him all day.

In his words "It's an oven and a microwave" :-)

sheridan

Yeah I like Yaz, but they really need to do more anything with the character.

Corrected that for you!  (well, alright, there was the one episode when she went back to the partition of India, but for a police office who wants to prove themselves, the character just doesn't seem to act or give the impression of being a figure of authority).

von Boom

Quote from: sheridan on 06 January, 2019, 11:58:44 PM
Yeah I like Yaz, but they really need to do more anything with the character.

Corrected that for you!  (well, alright, there was the one episode when she went back to the partition of India, but for a police office who wants to prove themselves, the character just doesn't seem to act or give the impression of being a figure of authority).
Well, given the current state of police budgets, maybe she's as well trained as they can make these days.

Proudhuff

Didn't the Doctor destroy the Dalek space fleet anyway, so if it had be able to send a message there would be nothing there? I had hoped the Doctor was going to take them to a hulking graveyard of Dalek space ships and the Dalek would of had an 'emotional mind melt viewing the wreckage...
DDT did a job on me

Sinx

Quote from: JamesC on 04 January, 2019, 06:23:31 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 January, 2019, 06:14:39 PM

TBH, the only way is up.

New Auton story for next series - Yaz and the plastic population.
Should make an episode with the Autons - if only for that reference

Hawkmumbler

What we really need is a return of the council worker from Season 2.

Comedy gold at it's finest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinvQ1uqqao

broodblik

I am little late to the party just finished series 11. I hoped that I would enjoy it but that was not the case. I will give the next series a go because I do think there is some protentional in the new doctor.

My biggest problem is the stories. It mostly feels dark and sombre (where is the fun and silliest gone?). The companions I do not care for at all. The companions are always an important part of the series. At least I liked Jodie Whittaker more than Peter Capaldi as the doctor.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: broodblik on 01 August, 2019, 03:36:38 AM
I am little late to the party just finished series 11. I hoped that I would enjoy it but that was not the case. I will give the next series a go because I do think there is some protentional in the new doctor.

My biggest problem is the stories. It mostly feels dark and sombre (where is the fun and silliest gone?). The companions I do not care for at all. The companions are always an important part of the series. At least I liked Jodie Whittaker more than Peter Capaldi as the doctor.

This. The stories were awful. Example: why was the Dalek in three pieces, not one? I guess script editors aren't used any more
Lock up your spoons!