Main Menu

1398 - Dead Reckoning.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 12 July, 2004, 05:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

So i wasn't the only one who instantly thought "That's the bloody joker!" then

Satanist

Wahey!!! Very good prog.

Cover - Nice though it is, feels like Ive seen it before but if its got ghosts in thats good enough for me

Dredd - its the mutts nuts at the mo!

SinDex - Never liked this but its an enjoyable enough tale

T-rex - Not my cup of tea but I still enjoy a bit of action and like the art

Fshock - Liked the story & the art.

Lowlife - Really enjoying this now & also thought it was guest starring the joker.

Droid Life and readers letters!Almost my perfect prog.

Roll on 1400
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bico

Cover - God, it looks great.  If I ever figure out the half of what photoshop can do to half-decent art, I'll be a happy man.  I remember thinking Dinosty had rubbish art, too, but Langley's a top pixels 'n' paint man, there's no denying it.

Droidlife - Best bit was the space-lizard suicide bomber with a turban in the first panel.  You couldn't tell Sullivan was a 'Viz' regular, could you?

Dredd - The story pretty much wraps up at the end of this episode, but that just leaves Wagner room to clean up all the loose ends in the final part.  Great stuff.

Sinister Dexter - These lads have grown on me over the years.  Good, clean, unpretentious fun, and the art reminds me of Sam Keith - except you can tell what's going on.

Future Shock - Except it's not much of a shock at all.  A two page story, told over five.  Still effective, though.  Nice art.

Letters - Floyd's there, again.  He'll be getting a wee Heroclix thingy in the post, now.  I imagine he'll be quite chuffed by that, because it's not like Japan's coming down with shops selling fiddly tat, is it?

Tyranny rex - Something seems to be happening at last - that can only be a good thing, but isn't this wrapping up next ish?  Or is this only book one?  Hopefully if it does finish up next week, it won't be a 'Dante's Inferno' rush job.  Average.

Low life - Nice to see Williams is shifting away from the Sin City stylings that bogged down the first storyline.  I like this story so far, but Flint needs to rein in the grayscale tones a bit.

Good prog, overall.

LARF

Yeh, it was good to see a letter from Floyd, but didn't agree with what he had to say about Chopper - I really liked it.