Main Menu

1409 - Leapin' Lizards!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 27 September, 2004, 05:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I want to know for the database entry. I'm not particularly fussed about the cards themselves.

Wake

Pyroxian

I got a MTG poster, but no card

Steve

Conexus

No cards (from shop, if you need to know)

garyp

pineapples

Nope, I didn't get a card either. I'm a subscriber.

eggonlegs

Bart Oliver

No card with my issue either.

Past Imperfect: What happened to all the eyes?

Throwing faces into stark contrast, highlights and heavy shadow can be construed as a shrewd labour-saving visual device on the behalf of the artist and used in the right context never fails to add the dramatic tension a panel might need.

Neglecting to add irises, pupils etc. for the majority of characterizations regardless of mood and environment is just pure lazy.

B.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bico

I'm particular about that myself, BD, but don't start slagging off Dom Reardon's stuff - you'll never hear the end of it.  Variable nose profiles get my goat, as well.

Good prog, though.  Stronty is starting to warm up nicely, and Wagner can be relied on to actually finish a book rather than knocking off just as things are getting good ("end of book one" - grrr!).

Ever notice how these 'books' are nice and graphic novel sized, or am I just being cynical?

Bart Oliver

++ I'm particular about that myself, BD, but don't start slagging off Dom Reardon's stuff - you'll never hear the end of it. Variable nose profiles get my goat, as well. ++

(BD or DxB, Prof?) It was the Past Imperfect strip drawn by Cam Smith I leveled the criticism at,
not Dom's latest run on Cabs ;)
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Oddboy

Neglecting to add irises, pupils etc. for the majority of characterizations regardless of mood and environment is just pure lazy

Something that Carlos is guilty of quite a bit in his Strontium Dog strips.
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

No, you see Johnny was born that way. Pay attention.

Oddboy

Ah.

In which case, appologies to the person who owned the graphitti'd prog 1409 - I filled in all Johnny's pupils.
Better set your phaser to stun.