Main Menu

Where the dust goes to gather - comics variant

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 July, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

I see your neatly laid out comics-rooms, and your SHED, and I raise you one comic mess (in bedroom), one trade bookcase in dining room, and eldest child's comic-avalanche, in bedroom!

SBT

Gavin_Leahy_Block

COMMANDO FORCES

Hawkmumbler

I really want to post a picture of my collection.
But it's so micro-scopic i'd feel a little embarrased. :-[

Tombo

My own pitiful collection, in context however the none-2000AD is pretty good since they've all been purchased in the last year.

Trout

*sniff*

WE BAND OF BROTHERS!

Hey, those Y the Last Man trades look great on a shelf, don't they? Also, perhaps this thread will finally teach publishers the benefits of tidy spines.  :)

- Trout

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't you know that it's physically impossible to make the Case Files spines match up.
Everyone knows that you couldn't move the numbers to just above the 2000 AD logo and then move the helmet down so that they are all in line. Obviously the size of the fonts doesn't come into it because the helmets would be the lining up point  :'(

James Stacey

SBT are those plastic covers on your Stront trades or are they just bagged?

SmallBlueThing

Plastic covers. I have a mate who works in the library and he gets me them from time to time. I sort of like them, but equally they annoy me in the same way that wrapping furniture in plastic annoys me. If you go round his house, every book he owns is protected in this way, and it drives me nuts.

SBT

Proudhuff

Does my Watchman  theory still hold? I can't see it amongst SBT 'filing'  ;)
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Proudhuff on 26 September, 2011, 06:48:50 PM
Does my Watchman  theory still hold? I can't see it amongst SBT 'filing'  ;)

What theory was that? My copy of Wathmen is upstairs, in the collapsed bookcase (collapsed due to the sheer volume of heavy trades that I stupidly packed it with seven years ago), that sits behind several boxes of Halloween and Christmas decorations, a radiator and a couple of boxes of old paperbacks. That's where I "store" all my DC/ vertigo/ Marvel/ Independent trades I'm afraid, as I rarely bother to read them. To be honest, it's mostly Batman crap that I bought from when they first collected The Dark Knight and realised trade paperbacks could sell. Now and again I'll root through and bring something out, but I really should just buy a new bloody bookcase or three and tidy up! I was going to post a pic of that, but my wife vetoed it, "because people will think we're slum-dwelling scumbags".

SBT

Proudhuff

you can't slum dwellers be you have a dining room  ;)

The Watchman thing was I thought it was the only Trade that appeared in every collection posted...
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

Surely that must be one of the mid-range Casefiles, mustn't it? Or CF1? I could happily post a picture of Watchmen though, just to give your theory more evidence, if you like!

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Tombo

Possible slight conflict on interests, since they are my employer, but Agros do a pretty good range of bookcases for under £30.  You can see one in the third of my pics.  The shelves adjust enough to allow for five shelves of trade-sized books with a smaller shelf ideal for comics (or National Geographics in my case) plenty of colour options too.  They come flatpacked and take about ten-fifteen minutes tops to put together.  Delivery's pretty cheap as well if they dont fit in a car (£8.95).