Main Menu

Christmas Dredds

Started by Rogue Judge, 29 November, 2017, 05:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

To get into the spirit of the Christmas season I would like to binge read all the Dredds that are holiday related.

Can anyone list several Christmas progs and the Case Files they would be in? I have the first 24 volumes but am still working on completing the rest (hopefully with Christmas creds!)

Any favorites? I personally enjoy the one by Ennis where Scrooge gets shot up scrounging a turkey vulture and ends up south side up on the dinner table  :D

Colin YNWA

I always had a soft spot for Mean dropping in on the Panto with the LOVELY Steve Dillon art work.

Oh and that Al Ewing choose your own adventure one from a few years back was a bit good.

Andy Lambert

My favourite Christmas Dredd story (at least from the few I've read) was in the Prog only a couple of years ago, involving living snowmen on the run, following on from the events of Enceladus.

Tjm86

Dillon's Mean Machine Christmas has to be on the list.  At the height of his powers.   The last few years have generally seen a Christmas related story although Ezquerra's post Apocalypse War story has to be on the list.  Isn't there a couple of the Tour of Duty stories along these lines?

abelardsnazz

Love the Mean Machine one, and I remember one from the following year drawn by Cliff Robinson where Dredd breaks the fourth wall and wishes a Happy Christmas to readers at the end. I also really like Little Spuggy's Xmas from Prog 658.

Richard

Little Spuggy's Xmas is excellent.

I also liked Al Ewing's Tour of Duty interlude (it's not in the graphic novel so you need the prog, Prog 2010).

Taryn Tailz

I've always been very fond of 'Turned Out Quite Nice Again'. Not sure which case file it would appear in, if any yet, but it does appear in The Henry Flint Collection.

janus stark

Come on rebellion stick all the Christmas Dredds in one book call it an annual. would be a great stocking filler next year?