Main Menu

Game of Thrones Season 7: It's A Bit Nippy Out (SPOILERS)

Started by Jim_Campbell, 18 July, 2017, 09:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

lincnash

Season Finale :-

[spoiler]I believe I can die happy and content after seeing the Dracolich spewing Ice Breath everywhere.
But I thought it would freeze the Wall rather than melting it.
Arya is my favourite cherub faced assassin, just deserts for Little-Finger.
Jon and Dany did end up bumping uglies, more like Cersei/Jaimie than Luke/Leia   :o[/spoiler]

Now the looonnng wait for the final season, bummer.

sheridan

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 28 August, 2017, 01:20:52 PM
Season Finale :-

[spoiler]I believe I can die happy and content after seeing the Dracolich spewing Ice Breath everywhere.
But I thought it would freeze the Wall rather than melting it.
Arya is my favourite cherub faced assassin, just deserts for Little-Finger.
Jon and Dany did end up bumping uglies, more like Cersei/Jaimie than Luke/Leia   :o[/spoiler]

Now the looonnng wait for the final season, bummer.

I'm not sure that [spoiler]blue stuff was actually melting it - just hurtling loads of ice fragments at it until it fell apart[/spoiler].  That bears closer inspection.

Re: [spoiler]Jon and Dany - more like their ancestors too, not that they know it yet[/spoiler].

Richard

CrazyFoxMachine

We began with Ed Sheeran but we ended with MASTODON (both guitarists anyhow)

A great final episode really with some genuinely unexpected twists [spoiler]I really didn't see the death of Littlefinger comin'[/spoiler] and some of that weird lollygagging [spoiler]the thought of all the Dany gang just... kicking their heels in the arena waiting for Tyrion to come back was hilariously clunky.[/spoiler]

Well - a truly mixed seventh season - sacrificing some of the meat and brutal randomness but exchanging it for satisfying thread-tethering and closing character arcs. Well it still made for riveting telly despite the narrative shark jumpery - ROLL ON THE FINAL SEASON!

PsychoGoatee

Cool stuff, really enjoyed this season. Will be fun to see how they wrap this all up. Another example of wrapping up an ongoing work that doesn't have an ending yet in it's original medium is the anime series X (TV). Really cool series, came up with a well done ending too.

I look forward to George A. Romero presents George RR Martin's Game of Thrones: War of the Dead next season. And some Thrones-y twists with the relationships and politics of course.

JamesC

Quote from: JamesC on 22 August, 2017, 07:00:54 PM

[spoiler]I'm not sure the Sansa/Arya thing is so stupid either. The sisters were almost polar opposites to begin with and now they both have power but in very different ways. They both, to some extent, support Jon and I see their power games almost as sparring - saying to one another 'if you mess this up I'll get you'. It may seem silly and counterproductive but most family disagreements tend to.
I think Littlefinger overestimates his influence and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his comeuppance at the hands of both sisters. I think the Starks will come together when it counts.[/spoiler]

Called it. :D

lincnash

Final Season:-[spoiler]How about the producers/directors go for the anti-Hollywood ending to the Series.
The Ice King wipes EVERYONE out and wins ?.
The Internet would shit kittens in fury.[/spoiler]

Daenerys:-[spoiler]She repeated she cant have babies and the Dragons were the substitute.
I suspect Jon's swimmers might put a rest to that.[/spoiler]

Little-Finger :-[spoiler]When he was (attempting) to manipulate Sansa, I thought "she is way too experienced for this and has Arya waiting in the shadows".
When that didn't happen, I felt his time was short.[/spoiler]

Ice Breath:-[spoiler]I have come to the conclusion that in Game of Thrones physics, the sheer force of the Ice Blast was enough to bring down the Wall with explosive affect.[/spoiler]

So much black in my post I have to light a candle.

JamesC

I'm wondering if Jon will get to ride Dani's other dragon.

lincnash

Quote from: JamesC on 29 August, 2017, 08:45:57 AM
I'm wondering if Jon will get to ride Dani's other dragon.

hhmmph.... hhmmmphhh ....Game of Thrones, wise to the ways you are, my padawan.  :D

[spoiler]Viserion to Jon = *sniff* .... *sniff ... Targaryen blood. I won't eat you. Hop aboard.[/spoiler]

Keef Monkey

Thought it was a really good season finale. I'd accidentally seen a headline that morning that said [spoiler]'Game of Thrones just gave us its most satisfying death yet' so that had me going in wondering what it could be, and of course as soon as that Littlefinger scene started I realized that would be it. I think the writers of such headlines genuinely think they're being clever by talking around spoilers, but something like that just sends you in with a certain expectation which to my mind still constitutes a bloody spoiler![/spoiler]

The Mastadon cameo pulled me out of the moment a bit and made me laugh for a moment, just because it was so up front and, in a line of rotten zombie white walker faces covered in all sorts of mad makeup, Mastadon just looked like Mastadon.

lincnash

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 July, 2017, 09:18:38 AM
No particular spoilers in this post, but I don't see the point of the entire thread being a mass of spoiler blocks. It's right there in the title. Steer clear until you've seen whichever is the current episode.
Couple of days after, I'm not going to take the Black anymore.

Quote from: Richard on 28 August, 2017, 10:51:13 PM
I think it was blue fire.

Seems the Internet agrees Rich, I will have to conform.  >:(
The reasoning behind my Ice Breath theory was the Ice King  ;)(sorry NIGHT King) takes the cold chill of Winter with him.
He uses Ice Spears to dispatch Dragons.
The minions he has created (White Walkers) are all armed with Ice Swords.
Seemed to be a logical extension that the Dracolich would have an Ice weapon also.

Spending too much time in this thread (I should get a life) but the finale still has me buzzing.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: radiator on 23 August, 2017, 04:18:26 PM
Though the books do a great job of conveying Westeros as a truly vast place that feels like a real continent, I long ago had to adjust my conception of it for the TV show and just imagine that it's roughly the size of England. It's the only way it can make any kind of sense.

So, predictions for the finale:

[spoiler]All the major players converge on KL for 'peace talks' with Cersei (this is where we hear Jon's dialogue from the trailer about how 'our two families once fought together' - he's addressing Cersei), but Cersei doesn't care about the Wight (she has one working for her remember) and instead, tries to murder everyone using the Mountain and/or Wildfire. The Hound will finally overcome his fear of fire to kill his zombified brother using a flaming sword, maybe sacrificing himself in the process. Things come to a head between Jaime and Cersei (no doubt involving Brienne in some capacity) and Jaime ultimately ends up seeing the light, killing Cersei and himself.

Meanwhile in Winterfell, Sansa and Arya get over their contrived drama (this is where we'll hear Sansa reciting Ned's proverb about Stark unity "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives" that featured in the trailer), and Sansa kills Littlefinger with Chekov's Valyrian dagger.

Jon + Dany get it on at some point.

The Night King uses zombie dragon to bring the wall down as a cliffhanger for the final season.[/spoiler]

Pretty accurate, on the whole. [spoiler]The brothers Clegane will fight another day, probably a set-piece linked to a Lannister face-off.[/spoiler]

The ruler of the seven kingdoms at the end of it all will be [spoiler]Bronn.[/spoiler]

JamesC

My theory is that the Iron Bank will play a large role early-season (spoilered just in case).
[spoiler]They can't ignore the existence of the wights anymore - not now the wall is down. I think they'll pull funds promised to Cersei making her unable to pay for the mercenaries from Esos (there's literally no reason to support Cersei's claim to the throne if it looks like Westeros is going to become land of the dead. And now the wights have a dragon, the threat is presumably intercontinental (if it wasn't assumed to be anyway)). I wouldn't be massively surprised if the bank fund the mercenaries themselves and sends them to the North.[/spoiler]

Bolt-01

Best line of the week has to go to Jamey- 'Maybe it is all about **** in the end?'

Thoroughly enjoyable telly, and this season has also provided an answer to where our very own CF has been for the last few months- He's up at Winterfell posing as a Maester!