Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I suppose one could say that our country has an "operating system" that keeps things running in the background. You'll still dial 999 for an ambulance under the Conservatives, Lib Dems, Labour, UKIP or the Greens; you'll still get food from a food shop, still get water out of a tap, still have the same speed limits and still drive on the same side of the road.

We could, of course, change our operating system if we so choose, but every four or five years we just vote on changing the desktop theme. Maybe we should run a security program to eliminate viruses, Trojans, rootkits and keyloggers instead? (That's what the Central Banks are, a Trojan nestled at the heart of our Operating System.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

HOO-HAA

A wonderful way with words as usual, Shark. Very well put! :)

And let me also add - how much of the operating system's programs do we actually (or could we actually) run/ maintain ourselves without any help (or worse; only pesky intereference/ taxation/ ruination!) from gubment?

TordelBack

You should just have bought a Mac.  Then you'd never need to worry about what was going on under the hood.  Just like North Korea did.

Peter Wolf

It makes me quite angry when i think about what these idiots are doing to the people of this country and the US and especially the US because they are having a very hard time of it at present and how they think we are all too stupid to notice or care but the fact is that some of us are not stupid and we do care about what is happening and that we are watching them all the time but none of it would be possible without the internet and its the internet that is creating a revolution of minds because its all about information and awareness.

How dare these politicians and globalists and bankers try to steal and ruin our future and our childrens future.

How dare they do that ?

I might be just one individual typing on a keyboard and i dont know how much difference i can make but i am NOT tolerating or accepting it.I either do that or just completely ignore and wash my hands of the whole thing but i dont think that i could do that even if i wanted to.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

Join the Wolfshark Party for a better world!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 April, 2010, 02:19:47 PM
Join the Wolfshark Party for a better world!

It probably would be as well.I think that humanity deserves better than what is on the table at present and we are being held back from reaching our true potential both individually and as a collective and all you can do in the meantime is not allow yourself to be sucked into it all and try and do the right thing for yourself and everyone else.You sound like you have come into this a lot later than i did and in some ways i often wonder if i would be better off just being some dumb idiot who doesnt give a shit about it all and maybe i would be happier [not that i am unhappy in any way] just being in my own little world and thinking to hell with it all but i am not because i have gone too far down the rabbit hole as it were to turn back now.A lot of it as you know is very very negative and i think you have to have to have a lot of inner strenth and be very well balanced spiritually to be able to take it all in without being affected by it in whatever way.

All that is offset by the fact that you and i really can make a difference but that wouldnt be possible without the internet which initially was a product of military research and development for military applications so i thank them for that and really my main interest in life is seeing an end to this system rather than anything else that revolves around self interest.

I dont know if we are only here once in this life and thats it but i can relax knowing that i tried to do the right thing and without being delusional or narcissistic i feel that it is partly what i am here for.I just felt from a very young age that there was just something very wrong about the world i live in without knowing why and in 1987 when conservatives were re-elected there bean the beginning of my experience with depression.

When i was very young growing up in the 70s and 80s i used to see all these politicians on TV like Kissinger and all the rest of them and there was just something about them that was wrong or evil and i could see it in their eyes and i just felt like there was something very wrong about it all and it wasnt until i was about 30 that i started to look into it all.

I am very glad and very relieved that people are waking up to it all because we cant carry on like this.Everyone must realise deep down inside that this system we live under is all Bs and is all built on deception and lies and i am taking what is rightfullly mine because this life is too precious to have it ruined by a load of inbred parasitical greedy control freaks and i dont know if there is a hell but if there is there are places reserved for them.

Apologies for babbling on.

Emperor

Well I've just voted, so I am making it official that political parties can stop pushing crap through my door and no longer need to clutter up the TV with party political broadcasts. Thanks.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Emperor on 27 April, 2010, 07:16:29 PM
Well I've just voted, so I am making it official that political parties can stop pushing crap through my door and no longer need to clutter up the TV with party political broadcasts. Thanks.

How can you vote when the election isnt until May 6th ?

The Legendary Shark

Postal voting, methinks...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

More and more people are voting by post as they can't, or don't want to, bothr schleppping to the polling station on the day. I've started seeing lost of posters in windows saying "already voted - no more leaflets please". It's also much more open to corruption however

PS - the UKIP dig wasn't aimed at you but at those daily-mail types who froth at the mouth over all those made-up stories about Brussels outlawing bendy bananas, and christmas being banned to appease muslims etc.

A few selections from Wiki about UKIP - you can look into it further if you wish:
"Controversy over proposed constitution changes In December 2008 the NEC proposed two significant amendments to the UKIP Constitution ... some members claiming that their purpose was to prevent members from voting on party business and to allow the unelected Party Chairman to expel members without a hearing. ...[and] centralise more power within the leadership and to reduce democracy and accountability in the party."
Nigel Farage expenses disclosure...UKIP's leader, Nigel Farage had said in a speech to the Foreign Press Association that over ten years as a member of the European Parliament he used nearly £2 million of taxpayers' money in expenses and allowances, on top of his £64,000 a year salary."
UKIP racism controversyUKIP's London chair, Paul Wiffen, was suspended as Chairman of the London region over "racist remarks" made on the social work website Community Care...Frank Maloney UKIP's 2004 London Mayoral candidate and a 2010 General Election candidate was once described as a "dangerous racist"[22] and said to be promoting "Griffin-like racism".[23]. His campaign manager Gary Cartwright[24], ...was a regular contributor to holocaust denier David Irving's historical revisionist Focal Point website"
Unlawful donations UKIP accepted over £360 000 in donations from bookmaker Alan Bown and Nightech Limited between 2004 and 2006. The Electoral Commission took the party to court over the matter, as Bown was not on the electoral register and thus not allowed to make donations to a political party.

A breath of frsha air? Nah, just more of the same. That was just from a brief surfing, I'm sure if you dig further you'll unceover much more shit about them (if you want to)

IMHO, they're just tories who are too extreme to be a member of the main party, and while there is nothing explicitly racist in their output (even the BNP is good at not saying explicitly racist things) there's an undercurrent to them that just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Emperor

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 27 April, 2010, 07:39:08 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 27 April, 2010, 07:16:29 PM

How can you vote when the election isnt until May 6th ?

Special Imperial Dispensations - it takes a while for my 10,000 votes to be transported from the Moon and it requires extra counting too.

Or... you know, what Sharky says:

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 April, 2010, 07:54:13 PM
Postal voting, methinks...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Emperor

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 April, 2010, 07:59:38 PM
More and more people are voting by post as they can't, or don't want to, bothr schleppping to the polling station on the day.

Or you walked to the polling station you've used for years and they won't let you vote because they claim you've been moved to another polling station and no amount of explaining that I'd always voted there helped resolve the situation in my favour. If they are going to go round trying to confuse me then I'm having none of their silly system.

House of Usher

David Cameron promising to fire teachers who give exam marks for writing Fuck off! discussed here:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26559.0.html

Needless to say he's just attacking a straw man. He'll be promising to clear the Hundred Acre Wood of heffalumps and woozles next.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 27 April, 2010, 10:42:01 PM
David Cameron promising to fire teachers who give exam marks for writing Fuck off! discussed here:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26559.0.html

Needless to say he's just attacking a straw man. He'll be promising to clear the Hundred Acre Wood of heffalumps and woozles next.

Surely it makes more sense to not fire teachers for giving exam marks for exam papers that have fuck off written on them and help them to become better teachers by changing the ludicrous criteria as dictated to the teachers by OFSTED and the National Curriculum?

Why not attack a symptom of the problem instead of the cause ?

All that misplaced and misdirected righteous anger of a career politician on the election campaign trail.
i think i have heard all this type of thing before somewhere.

Is this a taste of what is potentially to come ?

Peter Wolf