Main Menu

Just an FYI: the Rogue Trooper game is 99p right now

Started by Zappanalé, 20 March, 2013, 01:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zappanalé

bluemeanie

Should give this another go.
TOTALLY locked up on me during the part where you rain down death from above in one of those.... not a helicopter, but you know what I mean.

Turned out it was a known issue with people running Vista but I've upped to Windows7 now so really wanna finish it as I'd been enjoying it till that stage.
Thanks for the heads up though, will go give it a plug on my shitty website now  :)

Dandontdare

Quote from: Zappanalé on 20 March, 2013, 01:10:03 PM
The game is a few years old, so it will run on anything that isn't a calculator or a toaster.

.. or on any version of windows other than 2000 or XP - specifically says it doesn't run on 95 or 98 - no mention of Vista, 7 or 8 - I've got loads of PC games that won't run on Windows 7, which is particularly annoying when I've bought them on Steam and they don't work!

Mark Taylor

Can anyone confirm if this does actually work on Windows 7?

shaolin_monkey

You get the frame rate issue during the 'on rails' sections on Windows 7. However, there are fixes here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695849

vzzbux

I asked this question about 2 years ago but got no answer and hopefully this will sort out the problem as my lad has now started to play this game.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

shaolin_monkey

There was another thread a few months ago where 2000AD related games were discussed. It came up then too.

Also, if you can get your hands on the original Xbox version, it runs on the 360 with a small update from xbox Live.  It's worth it - totally awesome game using the 360 controller. Totally awesome game full stop.  In fact, I'm going to play it now!!!

shaolin_monkey

Taryn Tailz

I still play the PS2 version every now and then.

It was a cracking adaptation of the Rogue Trooper comic and was what got me into 2000AD in the first place.