Main Menu

Block Mania is back!

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 November, 2020, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

It suggests they are bundled together:

" Rebellion Unplugged are delighted to present, for the first time in over thirty years, a brand new printing of the Games Workshop classics Block Mania and Mega Mania."

shaolin_monkey

Hmm. Have examined the wording further, and yeah, it's not clear at all!

The blurb that was sent out in the newsletter shows two separate boxes, so maybe Mega Mania + Happy Hour is a separate expansion?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 November, 2020, 01:14:33 PM
Hmm. Have examined the wording further, and yeah, it's not clear at all!

The blurb that was sent out in the newsletter shows two separate boxes, so maybe Mega Mania + Happy Hour is a separate expansion?

That was my assumption and at £30 surely there's no way you get both? I still can't see Mega Mania so guessing that's a later release? I'll keep checking back as the day goes on just in case.

On another note when I first ordered it said it was due to be released in February - which I was absolutely fine with. Now it says shipping in 4 days!

CalHab

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 November, 2020, 01:00:01 PM

" Rebellion Unplugged are delighted to present, for the first time in over thirty years, a brand new printing of the Games Workshop classics Block Mania and Mega Mania."

That's my understanding.

sheridan

Quote from: CalHab on 27 November, 2020, 01:33:24 PM

That's my understanding.

A printing of two products suggests they're going to be bundled - though the description at the bottom of the page says two boards - for those not familiar, this means two blocks - i.e. the original Block Mania but not the expansion.

I, Cosh

Another unnecessary purchase made. Huzzah!
We never really die.

sixmo

Quote from: sheridan on 27 November, 2020, 01:36:52 PM
Quote from: CalHab on 27 November, 2020, 01:33:24 PM

That's my understanding.

A printing of two products suggests they're going to be bundled - though the description at the bottom of the page says two boards - for those not familiar, this means two blocks - i.e. the original Block Mania but not the expansion.

Yes even the shipping weight would confirm that you're getting the original game only.
The blurb is confusing though because it mentions that Mega Mania is being reprinted too.
The £30 price tag for both would be a throwback to the '80s where one of these games would be in the GB£12.95 bracket! £30 for Block Mania alone is very good value, I think. 

Colin YNWA

Mega Mania is there now

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/UNPL0002

and ordered...

and only £25 - so £55 (plus postage) all in - not bad if you ask me.

Funt Solo

There's also a bundle deal. No link for you cos this device is pants.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Linkie for the bunble

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/B0017

Damn my impatient heart - cos I rushed and ordered both seperately that's cost me a £5er!

TordelBack

I think they'll probably put that right for you if you contact them. It really wasn't clear what was going on.

Bolt-01

Does that mean that this in Block Friday?

Funt Solo

Dear Grud - the postage!

Feck sake, Tharg! Can you not teleport things using your forehead chakra?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Professor Bear

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 27 November, 2020, 05:12:57 PM
Does that mean that this in Block Friday?

I'm calling the police.

sixmo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 November, 2020, 04:14:50 PM
Linkie for the bunble

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/B0017

Damn my impatient heart - cos I rushed and ordered both seperately that's cost me a £5er!

Good Grud! Why didn't they make this available at 12pm like they said they would?

I hope I can contact the relevant authorities to rectify my order!