Main Menu

Sláine recent Rebellion reprints collection

Started by vark, 13 April, 2013, 10:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vark

Now with vol 8 "the Grail War", let's see how the spines go (from left to right UK then US paperback editions):

ThryllSeekyr

It shapes up well. I'm actually very curious about your copy of Warriors Dawn, second from the right. I don't think I have ever seen that one before.

I'll be patiently waiting for Grail War to make a appearance at the 2000AD online shop before I can get mine.

vark

From left to right and up to bottom:
1 Warrior's dawn, March 2005 first print of the UK edition (not the classic Rebellion reprint spine)
1 Warrior's dawn, March 2008 second edition of the UK edition (my copy is noted third print, I've never seen the second print)
2 Time Killer, February 2007 first print of the UK edition
3 The King, May 2008 first print of the UK edition
4 Horned God, August 2008 first print of the UK edition
5 Demon Killer, March 2010 first print of the UK edition
6 Lord of Misrule, April 2011 first print of the UK edition
7 Treasures of Britain, June 2012 first print of the UK edition
8 The Grail War, April 2013 first print of the UK edition

1 Warrior's dawn, 2005 first print of the first US DC edition (note the bending 2000ad logo)
Warrior's dawn, October 2010, first print of the second US S&S edition
Book of invasion vol 1, March 2012, first print of the US S&S edition

ThryllSeekyr

On the Warriors Dawn....

I never noticed the bending 2000AD logo before and now I notice I actually got that one from a recent Ebay purchase as well as the original one when it was printed. As well as the second or third printing of the same book with Saline attacking the Dinosaur on the front cover.

But that the October 2010, US S&S edtion. I missed out on.

Maybe, if I check Ebay.

vark

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 14 April, 2013, 06:17:19 AM
On the Warriors Dawn....

I never noticed the bending 2000AD logo before and now I notice I actually got that one from a recent Ebay purchase as well as the original one when it was printed. As well as the second or third printing of the same book with Saline attacking the Dinosaur on the front cover.

Maybe, if I check Ebay.
You have find the second printing??! Can you upload a scan of the credit page? Thanks in advance, I'm after it for a couple of years now.

vark

... and if you have spotted some that I have missed don't hesitate to tell me  :)

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: vark on 14 April, 2013, 09:23:05 AM
On the Warriors Dawn....

Maybe, if I check Ebay.
You have find the second printing??! Can you upload a scan of the credit page? Thanks in advance, I'm after it for a couple of years now.

That's the same one you got there. The second book you have pictured there. I don' t know if it's a second or third printing. I just said it was.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: vark on 14 April, 2013, 09:24:51 AM
... and if you have spotted some that I have missed don't hesitate to tell me  :)

Which Slaine book are you after, there have been times when Ebay listed some that I haven't seen in your collection.

There's the original Titan print of Warriors Dawn on the first page here....

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Slaine+warriors+dawn&_sacat=0&_from=R40

There's also a original Treasures of Britain on the second page here.....

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=slaine&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

There's also The original Slaine the King and the original Fleetway Volumes 1,2 & 3 of The Horned God on the third page here....

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=slaine&_pgn=3&_skc=100&rt=nc

vark

As well as the second or third printing
Oups, my bad, I have read second And third instead of "or".
I have all the old Titan/hamlyn reprint and I'm crazy enough to try to have also all of the printing of the same edition. Hence I'm after the second printing of the second Rebellion edition of Warrior's Dawn (which is probably exactly the same that the third print I own).
But last time I went to London I have spotted that the Hardback edition of the Book of Invasion vol 1 was at its 4th printing  :o (I own the first print). That has put a stop on my quest for now.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: vark on 14 April, 2013, 05:00:08 PM
I have all the old Titan/hamlyn reprint and I'm crazy enough to try to have also all of the printing of the same edition. Hence I'm after the second printing of the second Rebellion edition of Warrior's Dawn (which is probably exactly the same that the third print I own).

You're mental, Vark, you really are.  :)

Is this the second print you're after?

@jamesfeistdraws

Spikes

Love it!  :lol:
When the collecting bug strikes, it goes in deep, doesnt it.

vark

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 April, 2013, 05:12:59 PM

You're mental, Vark, you really are.  :)

Is this the second print you're after?

Yes!!!!!!!
Now thanks to you I know that it is dated september 2007, that will somehow facilitate my daily ebay screening.

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

I asked a seller on Ebay about wether they can get that particular copy of Warriors dawn in for me and they keep writing back to me that they don't know what I am talking about.

Grant Goggans

Point the seller to this thread, Thrillseekyr.