Main Menu

2000AD US Graphic Novels - A Question

Started by Mark Taylor, 12 December, 2011, 11:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Calling anybody who knows anything about the US line of graphic novels. I take the completist approach when it comes to collecting 2000AD graphic novels since Rebellion started bringing them out. I only have 3 of the US releases so far, though. Harry 20 because it didn't get a UK release. Mean Machine for the same reason. Bad Company because it has a bonus strip that's not in the two volume UK edition and it's nice to have it in one volume.

I'm not that bothered about the Mega-City masters series because I'm kinda assuming there's nothing in then which won't be reprinted in the case files series eventually.

Apart from these does anybody know if any of the other US releases contain significant material which isn't available in any of the UK books? Thanks.

BPP

Mega City Masters does contain stuff that wouldn't be due for Case-files for another decade or so. Stuff like Al Ewing Dredd.  The Hondo City Law collection has the Hondo City Justice series from last years Megazine  - which has great art - likewise not seemingly scheduled for a reprint here. Not too sure if the Andy Clarke stuff in it has been reprinted elsewhere.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

radiator

The Judge Death collection includes a bit of stuff not included in the two UK books (I think).

As for the MCM series, it's a mixed bag. They're a bit uneven quality-wise, and they do feature strips that have been - or very soon will be - covered by the Case Files/Restricted Files, but as someone else said a fair chunk of it is more recent material that won't be collected any time soon, if ever. There is also the added bonus that they present older material complete with the colour double-page spreads.

Of course it's up to you whether it's worth buying a whole book for potentially a handful of strips.

I bought the first one, but would probably only get further volumes if I found them dead cheap.

James Stacey

The new Anderson trade will be or are you only looking for currently in print ?

Dark Jimbo

ABC Warriors: Meknificent Seven includes Alan Moore and Steve Dillon's Red Planet Blues in full colour, which isn't in any of the UK ABCs books. Black Hole includes the Hammerstein Diceman story, also by Dillon, again not in any of the UK books.
@jamesfeistdraws

Ancient Otter

Harry 20 and Nikolai Dante@ Too Cool to Kill got UK & Ireland releases recently, Hewligans Haircut is due this month. They get the American editions and put a barcode sticker over the American barcode like the Titan DC Comics book collections.

radiator

The Dante and Hewligan's Haircut books have exactly the same contents as their respective UK counterparts though.

Large48

Same with Zombo, although it does have a different colour cover...

It depends how much of a completist your are............

I think the ones that are EXACTLY the same (although I hope someone can tell me different) are;

The Complete Nemesis the Warlock - Volume 1
Slaine - The Horned God

The other 27 seem to either have different contents (as listed above), not released in the UK or have new covers.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

glassstanley

glassstanley

Quote from: radiator on 12 December, 2011, 09:35:59 PM
The Dante and Hewligan's Haircut books have exactly the same contents as their respective UK counterparts though.

Dante has been 're-mastered'. It's also on the glossy paper of the later releases, rather than the matt of the DC/Rebellion releases.

radiator

Hmm, wouldn't mind upgrading to the new version if there's a big improvement. The repro in the rebellion/dc Dante book isn't great (though book two is better iirc).