Main Menu

Rogue Trooper?

Started by Angry Vince, 05 October, 2011, 01:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 October, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
I would go with the war and start up of the GI's being explained before the titles. When the titles start we are in the mission brief for the drop onto the Quartz Zone, as the directors name is on screen we watch Rogue strap into his drop pod, then fade to black and silence.

A couple of seconds later we open up with explosions and fire as the drop pods enter the atmosphere. From then on it's action all the way, till the end.

The ending could be the reveal about the traitor general, leading up to a sequel  :thumbsup:

That's not bad, but would like the opening with first time we read first prog of Rogue Trooper as we arrived at the planet, Nu-Earth, where a perpetual war between the Norts and Southers is being fought... and a person appears, as below;

IAMTHESYSTEM

Classic toothy page.

As I recall the Nu Earth Planet was situated near a Black Hole through which the Military could traverse Fleets of Spaceships etc. Do you think this should be changed to a Wormhole ala Deep Space 9? 

We know nothing could survive a Black hole and the power needed to engineer one into a tunnel through space would make you more powerful than a God / Satan's Team up. No B H in R T ?     
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

malkymac

I think you are forgetting that there has already been a Rogue Trooper film made (in the same kind of way that Robo-cop was really a JD rip off).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120157/

Of course Kurt Russell was not blue in it.

It was ok I suppose - I quite liked the way he could not interact with the normal humans because of the way he had been conditioned.

James Stacey

it was also a spin off (kinda) Blade Runner I believe.

Angry Vince

Oh yeah - Soldier: paint Kurt Russell blue and you're almost there, especially the final battle where everyone except him and Jason Scott Lee are those enviro/battle suits...
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

I, Cosh

Am I tripping or did Soldier originally start out as a Dorsai adaptation?
We never really die.

O Lucky Stevie!

Dorsai any cop Cosh?

Stevie's not that big on Miliatary SF (he's more Forever War than Bug War if you catch his drift) but he has noticed Sphere editions of the first 4 volumes amongst the trove of out-of-print SF paperbacks at the latest public library that he's joined.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Judge Palmer

Quote from: Goaty on 06 October, 2011, 01:33:21 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 October, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
I would go with the war and start up of the GI's being explained before the titles. When the titles start we are in the mission brief for the drop onto the Quartz Zone, as the directors name is on screen we watch Rogue strap into his drop pod, then fade to black and silence.

A couple of seconds later we open up with explosions and fire as the drop pods enter the atmosphere. From then on it's action all the way, till the end.

The ending could be the reveal about the traitor general, leading up to a sequel  :thumbsup:

That's not bad, but would like the opening with first time we read first prog of Rogue Trooper as we arrived at the planet, Nu-Earth, where a perpetual war between the Norts and Southers is being fought... and a person appears, as below;

And the pod drop sequence could be shown as flashbacks during the movie, I really do hope this gets made as it's been a long time coming :)
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

The Big Man

Anyone willing to bet that Sc*j* is working on his version of the screenplay at this very moment ?  :lol:
"Is there a problem here ?"

I, Cosh

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 07 October, 2011, 01:26:50 AM
Dorsai any cop Cosh?
I've only read a couple and they weren't particularly memorable. Worth getting from the library once you've finished all the Greg Egans.
We never really die.

Angry Vince

Quote from: The Big Man on 07 October, 2011, 09:49:38 PM
Anyone willing to bet that Sc*j* is working on his version of the screenplay at this very moment ?  :lol:

From Empire: "[Worthington] had first approached famed writer and blogger Sc*j* to write the final script for Rogue Trooper, but he was unavailable citing commitments to rewriting the Dredd script.
[Worthington] expressed disappointment that they would have to settle for a lesser script penned by an unknown industry hack and felt that the film would be hamstrung by a lack of small helmets and badly photoshopped scenes.
[He] added that Sc*j*'s initial treatment was mindblowing in it's scope and feel of the character, the depth of homage to the original comic serial and that it was the best thing that he had ever read in crayon."
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

DKCX

Quote from: Angry Vince on 10 October, 2011, 03:48:40 AM
Quote from: The Big Man on 07 October, 2011, 09:49:38 PM

From Empire: "[Worthington] had first approached famed writer and blogger Sc*j* to write the final script for Rogue Trooper, but he was unavailable citing commitments to rewriting the Dredd script.
[Worthington] expressed disappointment that they would have to settle for a lesser script penned by an unknown industry hack and felt that the film would be hamstrung by a lack of small helmets and badly photoshopped scenes.
[He] added that Sc*j*'s initial treatment was mindblowing in it's scope and feel of the character, the depth of homage to the original comic serial and that it was the best thing that he had ever read in crayon."
Brilliant...  :lol:

CYCLOPZ

I vote Djimon Hounsou for Rogue!