Main Menu

AOL site users

Started by Wake, 22 October, 2004, 12:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

In the past there have been problems with Hotmail users not receiving their passwords, but it seems that there is now a major problem with emails sent from this site being blocked by AOL.

Are there any aol users out there who find they can receive any of the following:

Password reminders
Message Threads
Sendmails
Email verification codes on http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/" target="_blank">The 2000AD Artwork Gallery

etc

These emails seem to be just vanishing, i.e. not even bouncing back to any of the site addresses.

If any AOL users can still get site mails, then I'd like to know who and whether only some type of mails are getting through.

Cheers,

Wake

Max Kon

Bico

Is there anyone *happy* with AOL?
I'd genuinely like to know, as I'd sooner go without the internet in my home altogether than go back to those unreliable, money-grabbing, constantly disconnecting shits and their IT people who LIE TO YOUR FACE and tell you its your brand new computer that's at fault, even though it was working perfectly well in the shop, *and* when you were using a different service provider.

Conexus

Yep, Aol can be dodgy there was a time when I couldn't sign on for two whole days, now i'm on a new version and it semms to be more reliable. at the moment

Bad Andy

Any company that could be so arrogant as to rewrite all your computer's settings and make itself incompatible with half the known universe does not get my vote.

And now they run Warner Brothers.

The Amstor Computer

"And now they run Warner Brothers."

...and by extension, DC Comics. Now, what sort of fool would want AOL/Time Warner to snap up Rebellion & 2000AD?

;-)

Max Kon

only the newest systm will work. Loads of compnaies do it, old systems stop working. new one comes out soon after problems start claiming to fix all the bugs. The companies lose all the cutomers who realise it's a scam.

Byron Virgo

I haven't been getting stuff sent to me from other users from this site (and I'm with the AOL - the evil corporation!)

Max Kon

I'm not getting anything from ed (really, I never got the re-scans of 1a-d)

Wake

I think I've narrowed the problem down to the Return Path which is set by default to nobody at rebellion.webshopdevelopment.propagation.net

Hopefully I'll sort out a solution soon.

Cheers,

Wake

Max Kon

you know what I think would be the best solution? for those affected to change isp

Dudley

I'm a completely happy AOL user.  The only time I had a problem was during the short but eventful period when I had a BT line (now THEY are evil...)

AOL allows me to surf the net a hell of a lot faster than the other packages I've tried, at a fair and reasonable price, and its security system hasn't let one virus through yet.

I never understand when people kvetch about it.

Wake

I've just made a change to the email verification sendmail on the Artwork Gallery.

Please could an AOL user test it. If it works I'll appy the same fix to the 2000adonline sendmails.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/?page=validate" target="_blank">Email validation page

Conexus

JTurner

No luck so far.
That said, AOL is still one of the best ISPs out there.