Main Menu

Art/Stories for Solar Wind 5 & Sunny 2

Started by paulvonscott, 25 January, 2005, 11:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

The comics are spoofs of Brit kids adventure comics of the late 70's/early 80's.  Solar Wind has won a National comic award, and has had a couple of SFX fanzines of the month as well as 9/10 reviews in Comics International.

The them for Solar Wind 5 is horror (think Scream comic, but all general horro is open to use).  Sunny is the spoof girls comic, and doesn't have a general theme, though the stories can be about real life, science fiction or slightly spooky.

I'm looking for artists to draw comic strips (typically 1-3 pages) and various spot illustrations.  All I need to start with is a sample of your work so that I can try and match you with the right script.

I'm also willing to accept story ideas for the strip.  Just brief paragraph-long synopsis first please.  Submission guidelines are available on the website www.solarwindcomic.co.uk

Payment for either comes in the form of a comp copy of the comic.  The Solar Wind Group linked to is good for finding out what is going on.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers

Paul

p.s. Sorry for this second thread, but the first one went badly awry.  Let's not mention it again.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cosmicrayscomic" target="_blank">Solar Wind Yahoo Group

paulvonscott

Just bumping this up again.  A pretty good response so far, got some nice strips on the go for both comics.  Possibly slightly more for Sunny which is slightly worrying.

Will try and get back to a few more people about their strips tomorrow.

Cheers

Paul