Main Menu

Bristol COn update....

Started by Dan Kelly, 10 March, 2005, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Mini-Bolt and myself will be in attendance for both the Sat and the Sun. Say Happy Birthday to the lad on Sunday for he will turn 14 at a con!

Art: Great idea, reckon that will be easy to get sorted.

Bolt-01

House of Usher

Damn! I'm glad there're good people like dankell paying attention. I've got a hotel room booked for me and Usherette, but in the confusion of recent weeks (work, work, work...) I neglected to buy any tickets. Okay, they may still be available on the door, but it's nice to have them up front.
STRIKE !!!

shazhughes

Bou, you could find some chubby geek to share with and get him to pay for all the room.

paulvonscott

Surely it would be more dignified just to earn your hotel money down the docks?

Bolt-01

Paul, I'm shocked.

What do you charge?

Bolt-01 would like to point out that the above statement was made for pureley comedic purposes and that I, in no way was shocked to hear that PVS would stoop to such antics to gain funds.

Dudley

I, in no way was shocked to hear that PVS would stoop to such antics to gain funds.

Surely "bend"?

Byron Virgo

"Bolt-01 would like to point out that the above statement was made for pureley comedic purposes and that I, in no way was shocked to hear that PVS would stoop to such antics to gain funds."

I like the fact that he doesn't feel the need to dissavow his attempts to solicit the services of cheap prostitutes though...

paulvonscott

Well, I've read what I've posted and what Bolt posted several times, and I still don't understand his post.  I mean, even I can appreciate it's supposed to be a joke, but it's from some new lame dimension where joke's operate in a differant and strange manner.

Let's try...

Shaz posted that Bou should find some chubby comic bloke to shack up with so he can pay the hotel room.  My response was that she'd probably retain more dignity by just engaging in common prostitution.

Bolt then says 'you're a prostitute, Paul?'

FutureQuack then says something that's recognisable to my grim and moody mind as humorous.  Ho ho.

Byron then either says 'Bolt (or Paul no idea which) wants prostitutes, and cheap ones at that'

Now, forgive me as I clutch my head and struggle to understand this.... no, no, it escapes me.

Max Kon

I don't understand it any better than paul

Byron Virgo

No, I think Bolt was saying that Shaz was a prostitute (as a joke), after which I made a so-called humerous posting about his post, which is why I quoted Bolt rather than yourself, Paul.

paulvonscott

Byron, you say that Bolt said that Shaz was a prostitute?

If you were referring to Bolt's comment "What do you charge?" why didn't you quote "What do you charge?"...?

This is all very strange...

Dudley

Let me try to clear up the confusion.

You suggested, in response to Shaz's suggestion that Bou shack up with a chubby geek, that it would be more dignified to earn your money down the docks.

Bolt then pretended to misunderstand your suggestion, and take it that that was how you WOULD be earning your money for Bristol (i.e. peddling your booty down by the docks).  This was silly in itself, as any good Bristolian could tell you, since the dens of vice are far, far away from the water's edge.  

The prospect of Cosmic Ray in a minidress, moustache and fishnets seemed vulgarly funny enough for me to extend his remark a little.  

I still have absolutely no idea of what Byron was going on about, though.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

paulvonscott

"You suggested, in response to Shaz's suggestion that Bou shack up with a chubby geek, that it would be more dignified to earn your money down the docks."

No, I sugested it would be more dignified for Bou, not me.

And it's you who have introduced this transvestite fantasy.

As for Bolt, I have no idea what he was thinking.

Dudley

This is why we need to bring back the old term "one".  

Clearly, you meant specifically that Bou could earn her money down the docks, but what came across to both Bolt and myself was that ONE could earn ONE's money down the docks...

I frequently interject transvestite fantasies, to the extent that I've given up apologising for it.