Main Menu

Prog One, signed by Wagner, Moore, Others

Started by Adam Twycross, 22 May, 2005, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Twycross

Not sure if the other good folks on the board have caught this, but I noticed that there's a rather good lot in the May auction at www.compalcomics.com:

Good, bright copy of Prog One, with spinner, signed by John Wagner, Alan Moore, Mike McMahon, Kev O'Neill, Simon Bisley, Brian Bolland and Richard Burton.

The reserve is a slightly laughable ?300-350. I reckon it should top that EASILY. Anyone going to go for it?

Link: http://www.compalcomics.com/catalogue/british.html" target="_blank">May Auction

paulvonscott

A lot of those people aren't in that prog... I'd rather buy a prog without some of them people's names on anyway.

Tu-plang

Erm, none of those people except Kev O'Neill are in prog one (Kev was bodger and cover artist).  Its like someone signing someone else's photo.  Prog one with Simon Bisley's signature on it strikes me as a little silly.

Adam Twycross

That's a good point, of course- it does seem slightly odd having Burton and Bisley on there.

Early progs signed by the likes of Wagner or McMahon must be a bit thin on the ground, though?

[YT-2]

Looks like a nice lot but why get a prog signed by people that havent got work included in it. If the Prog didnt have the signatures on it I'd be more interested.

Wils

Something even odder that I spotted on Ebay recently was a copy of The Killing Joke signed by Adam West.

The Amstor Computer

"Something even odder that I spotted on Ebay recently was a copy of The Killing Joke signed by Adam West"

Heh! Must keep an eye out for Essential Punisher signed by Dolph Lundgren...

Tu-plang

You've got nothing on my Halo Jones GN signed by Dr Robert Winston.

Adam Twycross

"You've got nothing on my Halo Jones GN signed by Dr Robert Winston"

Strange you should say that, Tu-Plang- I've got a copy of the Titan's Halo Jones Book One, signed by Gibson and Moore...

...also John Wagner, Kev O'Neill and Bryan Talbot.

Funt Solo

My willie is signed by Cameron Diaz, despite the fact that we've never known each other in the biblical sense.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++