Main Menu

Quartz Zone Massacre

Started by 2000AD Online, 21 September, 2005, 10:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

I asked that the original thread be deleted after it was pointed out that the use of real people's names in association with untruths could be considered defamatory (were anyone to be litigious).

Rather than continue to offend or cause difficulty, I requested the deletion, and Wake was kind enough to oblige.

Of course, I have no control over what people type, but I humbly suggest it might be polite (and perhaps prudent) to adopt the methodology of Private Eye.

For example:  Tonee Bliarr is having an affair with Condoleeezzza Rice.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

IIZZZZZZ HEEEEEE??!?!?!?!!!??!?

OMGLJC!

LARF

YARRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEIIIS

Art

You know, if it's a big enough of a deal for you to delete the thread then it's probably a big enough deal for you to accept responsibility and apologize properly. Dancing around the issue with a wimpy non-apology like you have just lacks balls.

Quirkafleeg

Can you get better pr0n on this mac then?

Matt Timson

Are you on the right thread, Gary?
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

How the fuck did that happen? Obviously it's not because I'm incompetant or anything... I've got no control on how this board operates, oh no.

Funt Solo

Art - I'm afraid your post doesn't make much sense.

It was another poster who mentioned someone by name, and that person then complained (quite rightly, in my opinion) that the tone and content of the thread was potentially defamatory.

As I'd started the thread (itself supposed to be a humerous riff on a comment by yet another poster) I felt it was up to me to request that the thread be removed in order (as I've said) to avoid any more bad feeling or difficulty.

In this case, I don't think I have anything at all to apologise to anyone about.

Your comments are both unwarranted and insulting, and I can only suggest you get your facts straight before posting such aggressive nonsense in future.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Quirkafleeg

Funt Solo

Gary, if you'd care to explain what exactly was fallacious about my last post, I might have some respect for your comment.

As it is, I suspect you're just goading me for the sake of it.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Matt Timson

'Sophistry' and 'fallacious' ?  I need a link to Dictionary.com to read threads these days...

;)
Pffft...

Matt Timson

COR!  They mean....  the same thing*!

*'bullshit', to you, my fellow pencil monkeys...
Pffft...

Dudley

Fate is of course 100% correct, and has absolutely nothing to apologise for.  However, it's difficult to show this as the thread has been deleted - wouldn't locking it with an apology to G.R. been a better solution?

Wake

The reason I decided to opt for deletion in this case was to avoid the thread being archived by Google, etc. or being copied to another site.

Cheers,

Wake

Funt Solo

Since posting in anger lastnight, it's occured to me that Art may have been joking.  The original thread was about a lack of balls, you see.

It's now occured to me that I'm spending far too much of my life thinking about it and what I'd really like to do is drop the whole thing.  From a height.  Onto some rocks.

Oh, and sophistry and fallacious actually have subtle differences in meaning:

- Fallacious means deceptive or false.
- Sophistry means a believable but false argument.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++