Main Menu

Time for a pint. Anyone for a Feb McShed?

Started by Tiplodocus, 27 January, 2006, 06:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Chicken

Ok, I've found out the name.  It's the "Guildford Arms"

Link: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/51/5175/Guildford_Arms/Edinburgh" target="_blank">beer anyone?

Dudley

So, everyone on for the 18th, apart from DC?

Any Edinbugger going to confirm the pub?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Gah! My earlier post seems to have vanished. Bet it turns up in a minute. Anyway...

It may seem a daft question, but is anyone from Edinburgh actually going? I know the Dudley, The Satanist, Tiplodocus and myself hail from Glasgow. We'd look sheepish if all the attendees travelled to Edinburgh from Glasgow!

As no venue is confirmed, would we better to move to the real capital, or do you want to stick to tourist town?

If we are going to Edinburgh, does anyone fancy meeting on a train? They leave from Glasgow Queen Streey every 15 minutes and take 50 minutes. I'll be getting on at Croy, the first stop outside Glasgow for trains that leave on the hour and half hour.

When do we meet? Early doors (3 or 4 - good for those wanting a pizza or getting a train back) or after dinner (7.30?)

Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

The Guildford is a very nice little boozer and ideal for such a gathering given its ale-based charms and proximity to the station.

Other nice places in the general vicinity woud be the Cafe Royal or The Doric.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Guildford arms is nice enough. Close to my work.

I actually only suggested Edinburgh originally because I thought it might be a Friday night and I could pop in after work.

But I quite like the idea of the earlier start and meet in Edinburgh - that way I'll have had more than a couple of hours in the pub before sprinting off for the 10pm train home to Glasgow.

But I'd be happy in Glasgow or Edinburgh - it really depends how many people from each of these bastions of culture are attending.

Have I been indecisive enough yet?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have no strong views either, but if it is a Sat in Edinburgh then I'd rather it was an earlier meet so as to maximise my drinking time.

No, I don't get out that often. When I do get a pass-out I need to maximise its use.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Can the real Edinburgers please stand up and be counted.

If we end up still going to Edinburgh then I'll meet early and will be getting the train so can meet you  DR X.

Though be warned I now sport a rather fetching mohican cut.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Trout

Though be warned I now sport a rather fetching mohican cut.

Really? I demand a pic!

- Trout

The Enigmatic Dr X

It seems we can't organise a piss-up in a pub.

Who's going?
Are you from Edinburgh?
When are we meeting?
Where are we meeting?
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Who's going? I am

Are you from Edinburgh?  Am I fuck!

When are we meeting? Who knows?

Where are we meeting? If no-one owns up to being from Edinburgh then Glasgows good.Means I'll have more cash for booze

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Trout reminds me, who had the camera last time and what happened to the pictures. Were they for a private stash?

Proudhuff

Huff here in Edinburg,
but don't count me in, as there is trouble brewing back at the ranch and the chances of me having a carefree Saturday supping ale are riding off into the distance like a weegee fi a bar of soap.
If I remember right, it was the lumpy GRennie who thought Edinburg would be a good spot to join up.

so go ahead sarge, leave me behind, I'll only slow you up...

PFC (Pasty Face Clerk) Huff
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

I'm still in for this Saturday.  I'm from the West Coast so would prefer Glasgow but can manage Edinburgh
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Ok so here's a list worked out from the above....

Tips - Glesga(ish)
Duds - Glesga
Dr X - Glesga(ish)
Grennie - Edinbru (I've heard tales he likes a bevvy but would he actually turn up?)
YT-2  - ? (I think anither Sassenach but don't know where he's staying)
Cosh - ? (I'll guess Glesga, feel free to prove me wrong)
Buttonman - ? (I'll guess Edinbru , again I'm no doubt wrong)
Satanist - Glesga

Soooooo, unless someone pipes up I'll take the bull by the proverbials and say back tae Auctioneers...unless anyone objects...as y'know...I don't want to be the one who actually decides anything.  

;-D