Main Menu

Jack Bison?

Started by Leigh S, 31 May, 2002, 12:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

After all the debate about new writers breaking into 2000ad, what should appear today but the new previews, which mentions the story "Jack Bison".  By a couple of people I've never heard of.

Colin Clayton, Chris Dows (pres. the writers?) and Laurence Campbell (who has appeared before IIRC).

Sounds odd - a cop thriller type thing from the descripton. Can anyone cast more light on this one.  The last story to creep up on us unexpectedly like this was Killer, so I'm hoping this isn't going to repeat that particular 'surprise'...

O Lucky Stevie!

colin clayyton & chris dows are two brit writers who did 'the disciples' with laurence campbell for image (must go back & reread the whole thing; there was some wonderful characterisation).

very chuffed to see that mr campbell is back in the progs as he has a wonderful sense of line & page layout, whatever the circumstances. jack bison sounds like something with a contemporary setting. in that firts demarco p.i. story he perfectly captured galen's feisty cheekiness with a breathtaking ecomony of line, though his depiction of futuristic technolgy didn't seem convincing, so if my above surmation is correct, then this should suit laurence to a tee!

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"