Main Menu

...PROG 1549, Mind-Shattering!..

Started by ARRISARRIS, 06 August, 2007, 08:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...and so everyting wraps up this issue...

Dredd, nice little one-off by Robbie Morrison and the great Cliff Robinson, great traditional and solid art style as ever,

The 86'ers, never been sure about this story, maybe i just need to reread from the start.

Greysuit, a conclusion of sorts but obviously a set up for book 2,i liked this if its a little perverted in parts, but why the hell isnt it MACH 1???

Robo-Hunter, the big shock here is the change of artist in the last episode, anyone know why this was done? Samantha looks like a BOY!!!

Defoe 1666, ive liked this dispite not really knowing whats going on half the time, i assume it will be back..

Overall a steady prog, however the teaser for next week looks great, i assume its one of those one of pictures done by Cliff and none of those weird looking guys will actually appear???...

Pete Wells

Grrr! It's the summer holidays and my prog hasn't arrived on a Monday - twats!

The Adventurer

Anyone know what the line up for 1550 is going to be?

I know Judge Dredd: Mandroid 2 kicks off, but that's it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ARRISARRIS

...the blurb on the inside back page lists only Dredd, the ABC Warriors and Stone Island, which is a bit light for a jump on prog so there must be atleast one other with maybe one story being double length...

IndigoPrime

"...and so everyting wraps up this issue... "

Well, aside from three of the four stories I read over breakfast (I didn't bother with Defoe yet) being "TO BE CONTINUED!". Gnh.

The cover: Meh.

Dredd was all right, for a Morrison strip. He's good at scripting for the hopelessness of many Meg citizens and appears better when his Dredd doesn't show up that much.

86ers. Bleh. I've never been a big RT fan, but this is even duller than that series. Here's hoping the Norts show up in a huge, fuck-off craft and just nuke the 86ers to the beyond.

Greysuit. Hmm. It was OK, but felt very 1970s (unlike Savage, which managed to be more contemporary). I've not been a fan of Higgins' art for a long time now, so that didn't help.

Robo-Hunter. Just awful. Really, really bad. And what did happen to Sam's head?

The best bit about the Prog: the next-week page. I've been full of praise for 2000 AD over the past year, recommending it to all and sundry, but this past couple of months has seen a real dip in quality for me.

Proudhuff

Agggh, no prog, normally very reliable postie gets it he early Monday, bak to work I suppose

GrumpHuff
DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

Matt Timson

Last week's prog finally turned up on Saturday, so I wasn't greatly surprised to find that this week's prog wasn't waiting for me on the mat.  Damn you, striking postmen!  Get second jobs, like the rest of the poorly paid!
Pffft...

Trout

Not even Rose's cute smiling face on the doorstep would make Postie Pinko bring me a prog.

He did, however, bring me my MOT bill for £383.

Damn the Royal Mail and its evil staff!

- Trout

thinky

if it's any consolation, i've been on holiday for a week or so, and on my return was presented with two lovely progs and a nostalgia-tinted ro-busters x-treme edition, waiting patiently underneath the letterbox...

gawd bless you Royal Mail - thanks for confining your legendarily patchy service to those areas where squaxx deserve their progs the least ;)

they wouldn't do it in york... it's just too posh

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Buttonman

Prog arrived at 1pm today - well done lads, two progs in 4 days keep it up!

I liked the Dredd which was unusual for a Morrison one-off. No great surprises or consequences just a slice of life with an inevitable conclusion. Surprised that a mental can get through 15 years undetected at the Academy of Law.

Of the other 4 strips all finished with a 'coming back soon' tagline. Given it's generally accepted to be a weak line up that can't be a good thing.

The 86'ers finished with the best episode of a weak run. No surprise to see that bigger perils lie ahead - looks like 5 episodes spunked away on a weedy preamble.

There was similarly no resolution in Grey Suit which hasn't engaged me at all. There are now two dull agents on the trail of the faceless baddie. Don't rush back now. On the nit pick front Air Bosna ceased trading in 2003 but who said it was real life?

Robo-Hunter Good news it's done, bad news it's coming back. Last week she got a mission this week she packed up and set off on the mission. What a waste of time. That Sam is like Seinfeld 'Two-face' - she's alternates between pretty and ugly in each panel!

Defoe ended his zombie scrap for now, and having stolen just about everything else from Canon Fodder he steals his last minute escape using a flying rope ladder too. More soon. Goody.

I wish Tharg would preach that 'brevity is the soul of wit' to his droids as these padded stories are nothing but a stepping stone to the next 6-parter which will no doubt be more of the same. Can't help but think that a lot of the old guard writers are getting away with tosh that a new hack would have returned with a stinging rejection. Better stuff next week, I hope!

dweezil2

Well, as I enjoyed both Grey Suit and Defoe so I, for one, will be pleased by their return.
Agree on the 86'ers though- hope there's a decent pay-off to all the build up.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

mechanix81

buttonman, you echo my thoughts on the new vs old dichotomy. Pat Mills gets away with writing complete tosh on name value, not quality, and I'm fucking sick of it.
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Byron Virgo

"Given it's generally accepted to be a weak line up that can't be a good thing."

How so? Not trying to be argumentative (no, *honestly!*), but I thought it was only Robo-Hunter that the majority appeared to be against? Grey Suit has some fans and some that loathe it, but I thought Defoe and Dredd were both considered by most to be pretty strong strips?

Richard

Best Robbie Morrison Dredd ever. Liked the old-school lawgiver on the first page.