Main Menu

2000 AD GOES DIGITAL!

Started by 2000AD Online, 04 December, 2007, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

The digital copy will be available one week after the printed version, allowing fans across the world to get their Thrill-fix sooner than ever before.

The first downloadable issue will be available on www.clickwheel.net or via direct links from www.2000ADonline.com on Wednesday 19 December 2007, and will continue weekly from then on.

Get ready, Earthlets รข?? Thrill-power is about to go global!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Wils

How much?

Every time an issue is downloaded, an undisclosed amount of money is removed from Marbles' bank account. ;)

Bad Andy

Jeez - that's sooner than I was expecting.

TordelBack

Mark this moment well.  The die is cast.

Marbles

bloody hell this is fantastic :)

just hope its cbr not pdf :(

2000ad is really ahead of the curve on this one. awesome stuff. but whats the price ??
Remember - dry hair is for squids

JayzusB.Christ

I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end. Please, please, please keep the paper version around, Thargy boy.
Though I suppose all the big newspapers manage to do it
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Marbles

Has anyone checked out the movies !!!!

Fucking brilliant.

Could do with some mood music or sound effects if I was to quibble.

Rebellion have shown themselves to be truly years ahead of the market with this.

The whole thing (downloads, movies) is pure genius. I'm gobsmacked.

Remember - dry hair is for squids

numanti

Wonder if back issues will become available digitally?  Priced right, I'd buy em.  It'd help me clear out a lot of attic space.

But the real physical paper progs have to stay, too - it will just be nice not having to worry about storing them if I can just re-read them on screen, and buy graphic novel collection of favourite stories to read like a proper book :>

Richard

Digitally bringing out Prog 2008 one week after it is published - a prog which actually goes on sale for three weeks - sounds like a slight mistake.

Grant Goggans

skurvy

"Digitally bringing out Prog 2008 one week after it is published - a prog which actually goes on sale for three weeks - sounds like a slight mistake."

Maybe, but it's also the ideal jumping on point. I was drawn back into the fold after picking up prog 2000. I haven't missed an issue since. I think it's actually pretty shrewd.

Radbacker

not for me, I need my hardcopy.  No matter what they do it isn't the same quality as printed + I dont have a computer at home and I dont think work will like me reading my prog.  Still as long as they keep the paper version and ship it Down under for me I dont mind.  Any mention of price?

CU Radbacker

monty--

Ah, what's the point in flogging a dead horse? Let's just wrap this all up and now with the final prog. Well, let's be honest, the last decent prog was 699 so lets stop pretending, shall we?

ight, I'm off to slash me wrists. Borag thungg, Earthlets!!

ThryllSeekyr

I thought they were kidding at first.

Somehow, I don't like the idea of paying for something that I physically hold in hands. However much this may keep the enviromentalists happy.