Main Menu

CLICKWHEEL BUILDS ON ITS 2000 AD BACKLIST

Started by 2000AD Online, 13 February, 2008, 02:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abra Cadaver

TheAdventurer wrote: "I wonder if they're ristricted by what they can reprint in this. I'm sure they can't host any issues with the "banned" content or "Zenith" or the like."

sorry if this has been asked oh so many times before, but, how come?

Personally i've never used the downloading service, i just hate the idea of looking at them on a computer screen and scrolling up and down the  pages. Even though i get the progs about 2 months late (this week i get prog 2008), the experience of reading them as a physical book is just so much better.

IndigoPrime

"sorry if this has been asked oh so many times before, but, how come?"

Essentially, Rebellion no longer holds the rights to some content (notably the right to print/reprint Dan Dare), never had the rights to some stuff (creator-owned), and is involved in rights disputes over other properties (Zenith, potentially Luke Kirby, etc.) To that end, there will likely never be a 'complete' digital archive. Also, once you go back prior to 2000 AD's doing everything digitally, the quality's going to drop some anyway.

Abra Cadaver

ahh, i see i see.

Surely though if they are charging $2.99 USD for old progs they could afford to pay for things like Zenith? Or would the clickwheel stuff not really fall under the catergory of re-print and therefore cost waaay to much?

paulvonscott

Ah, the message board was speculating on and suggesting digital archives well over 5 years ago. Only now has the world caught up with us.

It seems to me that once you get beyond the last years worth, that as well as selling individual issues, for people looking for issues they've missed, then it seems tempting to then sell batches of progs by year for a reduced price, such as £50.  Just a suggestion.

Devons Daddy

any one tried this service yet.

i ask as its perfect for me. whilst on the ship mail can be two weeks behind.
this way. much more upto date. and my son still gets his progs.

any word on EE,and megazine ?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!