Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

My impediments are self inflicted from 5-a-side. Cracked right elbow, pulled right calf, dodgy left knee cap.

I'm getting too old for this. Please, let them take me quietly aside after one game and ask "Tips, have you ever considered Walking Football? There are local leagues, you know."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IAMTHESYSTEM

It's a Warzone here all of a sudden. Hope bad backs, cracked elbows and dodgy tickers all heal well. JamesC has it right with long hours of comic perusal. That's the best medicine and rest of course.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

paddykafka

Hi All! The Black Dog has kept me off out of the loop for a while so I'm just catching up on things now. I hope that you're well on the mend now, Sharkey - ya can't keep a good man down, as they say - and like wise to yourself, James C and any other forumites who might have been afflicted with life's vicissitudes lately.

And just for your good self, Tips, I think I've located an alternative football league for you - at the link below -to try out. But beware, these guys play rough, lol. All the best! - Paddy Kafka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwmmX0Ms3D0

The Legendary Shark

Glad you've kicked that dog out, PK - thanks and welcome back.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Because my agoraphobia and depression have decided to rear their heads again. Seems it can go for  ages and I start to believe it might be over then it just hits out of nowhere.   Total pisser.

The Legendary Shark

My best to you, Fishy. I hope you can push through it as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Something Fishy

Thank you guys.  That's kind.

Yeah just have to try to ride it out again.  So fucking exhausting.   I shouldn't be too shocked as the anxiety never goes but the worst side effects just subside some times.   I am grateful when they do.  Looking forward to being able to drop back from the rat race in a couple of years when done with funding my boys uni days, wil do my mental health the world of good.  The software world never slows down, the intellectual demands are exhausting and I'm definitely getting to end of my days doing it.

Tjm86

That's the hardest thing at times, when something triggers it out of left field.  More than likely it's been a series of things building up to the final straw.  Stay strong fishy, loads of people pulling for you.

Something Fishy

Thanks tjm.  That's really kind, yeah I am sure you are right.  Never notice it until it tips over the edge.

JayzusB.Christ

Hang in there, Fishy. Last year I reverted back to a horrendous depression I thought had disappeared forever, but I'm fine now.  It gets better.

On a less important note, the fucking rat that has taken up residence on my houseboat seems to know how to spring traps and make off with the bait.  It has already shredded my best jumper and irreplaceable  parts of my furniture upholstery to make a nest.

I don't want to use poison (it's a horrible death and people's pets are around) but I've set a humane cage trap while I'm away for a few days.  Thing is, depositing rats more than 100 yards from their home apparently guarantees them a nastier and slower death than a conventional trap. Other thing is, the fecker's probably way too smart to walk into a cage.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Get a terrier. Nature's way is swift and merciless.

Also, cuddly :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 February, 2018, 01:53:21 PM
Get a terrier. Nature's way is swift and merciless.

Also, cuddly :D

My folks used to have one. Good at catching rats,  shit at everything else,  including pissing outside instead of on the currains, leaving the flowers and shrubs intact,  and shutting the fuck up at night time.

I'm more a cat person but can't be arsed with that either.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Heh, mine's an absolute joy - I wouldn't be without him. Best dog I ever had.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

That's sweet Sharky. You actually believe you're in charge. ;)